OH NO!!! The ONLY good fiat garage is closing down :-(

Currently reading:
OH NO!!! The ONLY good fiat garage is closing down :-(

Ahh sorry got confused (easily done),they never 'lost' the Alfa franchise,Alfa were being too demanding so got told to shove it!

Not sure whats happening there now wether another franchise will move in or not but the Fiat side are always busy so might just do Fiat only?

Yup with me talking about Derby as well, and there £70+vat rates! Nah Ayr are much cheaper, although tend to do everything myslef if i can now, just helped my mate rebuild his A4 1.8T after a headgasket failure, so we were in town and saw those balloons flying high and poped in too see the new showroom.

Yea the salesman didnt know whats happening, he told me Alfa were changing there stratigy and only wanted 2 main Alfa dealerships. Hope it stays just FIAT, as it'd have to be some Korrean manufacturer otherwise as Uncle Arnold has one of everything else in the town now? Well apart from the 'premium' brands, is a shame as its been Alfa/FIAT for as long as we've been going there - ie 20+ yrs.

Alfa are cutting dealers by 50% but this wasn't one of them,lets face it where do you go to get Alfa work done in this area?...was only dealer between Glasgow & Carlisle (although most Alfa work there were from Glasgow based customers:confused: ) but we shall have to wait & see I guess?

Yup a shame to loose it! I see there's an idependant in Edinburgh.

http://www.mclennansgarage.com/alfa romeo garage.htm

Although:

"McLennans Garage has always been renowned for high quality service throughout its 14 year history. Our speciality is with the Alfa Romeo and have over 40 years experience with them. We have been providing MOT, servicing and repairs to the community far and wide for many years. "

Doesnt really make sense! 14yr history 40yr experience, supose they could have changed like Arnald in Ayr from one owner to another with much the same staff. Either that or they mean 3 mechainics with 14yrs experience each kind of way.

Yeah think they mean between techs they have 40 years experience,I know 2 techs at Ayr that have over that amount of experience.Is it just me or does it seems like in Ayr/Kilmarnock/Irvine theres a dealership per head of the population? they're everywhere! Big new one (Audi) i think just about to open aswell.

In Derby?

Yup... the one I use - services for the Stilo start at about 260 and with pollen filter & brake fluid changes are into the 300's :eek: Like I have said before, a bit steep for an oil and filter change + a load of checks on a 1.6... yet to pluck up the courage to ask about the next service on the JTD which is now 4K and about 2 months away... :cry:

forget new cars, do it yourself.

Audi don't even charge this much (well this is a non audi UK owned audi dealership in carlisle).

audi the audiUK owned garage in carlisle are a thieving bunch of incometant overcharge a holes.
audi the preston garage owned audi garage are like lemon scented water in a silver mug, if that makes sense.
they are the bom shizzle.

servicing (oil, filters, air filters, plugsx6, pollen filter AND they do everything on the check list like clean the gutters, spray lube the hinges, clean the a/c drain out, check for suspension damage and other such things then phone you if there is anything, AND they fully valet inside and dry it including collecting rubbish and neglagable stuff and putting it in a neat Audi bag :cool: , then they wash the outside inc underbody and underbody trays and on two out of four occasions have waxed it :cool: :cool: :cool: ).
yeah, for a 2001 a6 avant 3.0quattro SE (owned from new) they charge the princly sum of £316 inc having a courtesy car for the day, and e.g you own an A6, they give you an A6, you own a TT they give you a TT or golf GTi,, you own a A2 they give you a diesel A2 etc etc.
unlike th AUdiUK tossers who give you a 1.0 seat arosa 2dr regardless of what vehicle you own.

Fiat SPA are shaking up the group. Alfa are going it alone and are joining up with Maserati. Whether the franchises will share, no one knows yet. Lancia are coming back circa 2008 and will be stand alone i hope, but maybe shared at some locations:(
The Fiat dealerships need a good shaking up, because Fiat have some great cars on the horizon, and the dealerships need to sharpen their act up.

Andy.:)

Yeah think they mean between techs they have 40 years experience,I know 2 techs at Ayr that have over that amount of experience.Is it just me or does it seems like in Ayr/Kilmarnock/Irvine theres a dealership per head of the population? they're everywhere! Big new one (Audi) i think just about to open aswell.

Yup loads in Ayrshire, although look at Strachens gone into liquidation and all there stock sitting at Wilson Auctions at the mo. Killy and Ayr are packed with big dealerships, all the small ones getting forced out. There used to be a fab wee Peugeot garage beside Safeway at the traffic lights in Killy and its gone now too.

How are they going to do this then guys?

Well as you will be aware, many members on here and lots of other forums have posted up their woes with dealers. Fiat's name in the trade is poor, and so this reflects on the trade prices which are low. Just look at Stilo price now second hand !!
It has to start at the factory, with well screwed together disirable cars, and the backup of the dealership has to more then match its competitors. Dealerships need to make customer care a priority, not treat you as a problem that most do.
If you look at a lot of 2-5 year old Fiat cars, the amount being serviced outside the dealer network is high. Doesn't this show you that there is a problem? Fiat UK need to act on this pronto, and run them like for example Toyota does. At their dealerships, they treat you almost like royalty, ring you up later to ask how the car is going, always clean the car before its handed back, and always gives you a courtesy car, no questions asked. And its not a base model super mini either. it will be an equivalent or better car. And they will do the job well, and know how to deal with problems efficiently.
My mate runs his own garage. He used to work for Fiat, and the local Fiat dealer to him employs him on a regular basis to come in and sort problematic cars out as the mechanics are stumped!! this is a fact. And they use him for servicing as they have too many warranty jobs filling the bays!! As you can see, there is a big problem in the network.

Andy.

Which one was that? Not Fast fiat?

no not fast. i mean reg vardy fiat on portrack lane. but fast are even worse. they couldnt even identify injector failure (proof that they're ex-dealer employees), and they tell lies and quote more than the dealer.

they tried to get me to buy new plug, leads and coil pack because they said i hadn't used original fiat parts and that causes serious problems on these cars. and then they quoted more than a fiat dealer would for the parts. yeah right i'll bend over right now shall I?!

i never tell garages that i've worked in the industry, so its always funny to see what sort of bull they'll try on me next. someone else could have said ok, spending a fortune for no benefit at all.

if i broke down outside fast, i would still push my car home rather than let them waste my time.

Back