Currently reading:
Official Fiat Presence on this site

Sprox

1 Key operation!
I was wondering, looking at the 1.1 New Panda dodgy engine thread:
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=55916
and also:
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=57738

I saw there was a post form ChrisSmithCR - obviously an official of some kind but I wasn't sure where?

Now is this Fiat Forum too small to warrant a Presence from a FiatUK or Fiat Italy Official or should we tell them that we exist?

Also, I know Car Dealerships are SALES people more than anything (the sales people tend to know only about PCPs and finance and commission rather than reliabilty or how a Panda 4x4 handles off road- after all they are only selling them:D )
BUt as a Forum - do we not have a little bit more clout with Fiat and the dealers? Or do we just sit here enthusing with ourselves?
Is there a single FIAT salesman on this forum as a member?
Is there a single Fiat Manager on this Forum as a member?

Surely they can learn a lot from us lot - the 'customers' so to speak
I've got a 16 year old panda - ok I didn't buy a new car (ok I bought a daihatsu Copen but only 'cos the panda 4x4 wasn't available...... at the time) but I spent a lot on parts from Fiat last year. When I start my business up again I'll need a more suitable vehicle! Where am I gonna go?
I'm an Active FIat Forum member and I don't know a single 'contact' at a fiat dealers or at fiat uk.
It's because they just leave us alone or don't care or don't know we are here.

If I ran a Fiat dealership - this Forum is one place I would be looking after!

I know of a couple of techies on here, and the guys in parts department at grays (think it was grays) had heard of FF, although the last time i went up there will be my last unless i am desperate, poor turbo cinq getting laughed at and insulted by spanner monkey students (n)

there are a couple of fiat techs or people who have worked for fiat on this site :)

GhostWKD said:
I know of a couple of techies on here, and the guys in parts department at grays (think it was grays) had heard of FF, although the last time i went up there will be my last unless i am desperate, poor turbo cinq getting laughed at and insulted by spanner monkey students (n)
hows was that? i would quite happily rip into anyone at the dealers that tried that! well except the head mechanic i saw t'other day, he huge! :eek:

they were just generally being morons tbh, nice car mate followed by laughing etc :rolleyes: and one told me to get some other car iirc, cant remember what it was think he said corsa or something lol :rolleyes: kinda disappointed in myself that at one point i applied for a job there (n) lol

felt loads better after i tished them though :cool: :D

GhostWKD said:

the garage who did my engine mount commented on my car being "in for for the worst car of the day award"

needless to say, last time they'd be seeing it.

My dealership monitors Fiat Forum closely, its given us several ideas to improve our service, by listening to what people want and trying to provide it. I was also one of Alfa Romeos monitors on alfaowner.com, so I would be surprised if Fiat UK didnt monitor this site even indirectly through dealer members.
Certainly Fiat UK are aware of the website as I contacted customer services for Mark with his Panda engine problem.

Any dealer or manufacturer that ignores a customer forum of this size would be crazy. Fiat and dealers need feedback as to what they get right and what they get wrong, monitoring a forum like this gives a real instant feedback during a problem, rather than a phone call a month after a problem is sorted.

NumanR

It would be good if an actual Fiat presence was on this site, someone we could put questions to and get announcements direct from Fiat - but it would almost certainly be abused.

I've read some of the posts NumanR has had aimed at him and he's not to blame, no offence to him but he's just a mechanic. Doing what he's allowed to do within the limits of his dealer.

A Fiat UK contact would be flooded within a day by disgruntled customers so quickly his PM box would be full.

I'd love to see it happen but I'm afraid it would all end in tears.

Hellcat said:
It would be good if an actual Fiat presence was on this site, someone we could put questions to and get announcements direct from Fiat - but it would almost certainly be abused.

I've read some of the posts NumanR has had aimed at him and he's not to blame, no offence to him but he's just a mechanic. Doing what he's allowed to do within the limits of his dealer.

A Fiat UK contact would be flooded within a day by disgruntled customers so quickly his PM box would be full.

I'd love to see it happen but I'm afraid it would all end in tears.

:yeahthat:

unfortunately alot of posts on here are made very in the heat of the moment aimed at nobody in particular just as a vent of fustration, however if there was a official fiat contact unfortunately this fustration would get vented directly at him, both putting him (or her) off using the forum, and also giving the forum a bad image (n)

NumanR said:
My dealership monitors Fiat Forum closely, its given us several ideas to improve our service, by listening to what people want and trying to provide it. I was also one of Alfa Romeos monitors on alfaowner.com, so I would be surprised if Fiat UK didnt monitor this site even indirectly through dealer members.
Certainly Fiat UK are aware of the website as I contacted customer services for Mark with his Panda engine problem.

Any dealer or manufacturer that ignores a customer forum of this size would be crazy. Fiat and dealers need feedback as to what they get right and what they get wrong, monitoring a forum like this gives a real instant feedback during a problem, rather than a phone call a month after a problem is sorted.

NumanR
THankyou NumanR - which is your dealership?

This is the problem with any internet forum, you get very quick responses to any problem posted, but the inital information given is only one side of the story, and quite often language is used to "colour" the information further. Myself and Ian (T1468947 or wotever he calls himself lol) get very down about the attacks on here labeling all dealers/techs/fiats crap. Imagine what it would be like to actually be here officially from Fiat, unable to respond to complaints publicly, and being used as a whipping boy. Also look at the posts that are on this forum that say "should I let Fiat do this" or "I went to Fiat" etc. FIAT UK do not run dealerships, its a franchise, run for profit by individual dealers and dealer groups.

Many people dont seem to understand that, and constantly complain about FIAT when really they are complaining about a single dealer.

My dealership? A few people know who I am and my dealership but to avoid the sort of abuse that any Fiat rep would get I dont reveal it.

Any Fiat rep that came on officially would be a brave man or woman and I honestly dont think would last very long as like everyone says they would be flooded with complaints, regarding anything Fiat.

Is T14086 still on here?

As his sig say's "2000 posts and thats me finished here" and that was two weeks ago?

If this is the case I hope it was not due to any hassle from forum members.
I'am sure T14086 has helped many forum members just like NumanR,

Ian has got a lot of other commitments and he told me he was giving it a rest, hopefully he will be back sometime.

NumanR said:
Ian has got a lot of other commitments and he told me he was giving it a rest, hopefully he will be back sometime.

Unfortunately it is true, T14086 has gone off to invest his time elsewhere... I did ask in another thread when '2000 posts and im out of here' or somat like that appeared in his sig if he was serious and he was... shame that! :worship:

Did you not phone dealer about the PDF today Stuart?

I think you will be surprised who actually looks at this site! It is a wealth of information for everyone (including techs) & I'm more than sure alot of the comments about Fiat & their dealers are taken onboard.
End of the day you cant keep everyone happy,their will be always be the odd 'friday car' but Fiat are doing their best to raise their image & the reliability of their cars which is working as we can see from the croma,new panda & new punto.The sedici also looks a solid car so its looking good for Fiat but as I have said before it will take time,money is tight but they are turning the corner so to speak unlike alot of other manufacturers who are struggling.
Fiat are out to make money...they cant be a charity & give goodwill to everyone & like I have also said before they are more generous than most manufacturers...you will always get the people who expect everything for nothing & you will always get the moaners who buy a 8 year old Fiat who moan about it being unreliable when they obviously have no idea of its past history...as a taxi,getaway car etc.What is good is the amount of people here who are loyal to the brand & will continue to drive & buy Fiats(y)
The main problem seems to be the garages or big dealerships,this will always be a sticky point for Fiat & infact all manufacturers.Again these exist to make money & are also not a charity...however I cannot stress enough it is vital to strike a good relationship with your dealer & always speak to the techs.You become a good loyal customer & you are less likely to be ripped off (it happens,fact of life) and get discount & small jobs done free of charge or at a reduced rate.Go into a showroom shouting trying to intimidate the staff into bowing to your needs will get you no favours (& you will need them in the future so dont expect any favours!) & ultimely result in you being led from the premesis.Yes I know its annoying when it seems nothing is getting done but there are channels to go down,be polite but firm.
As for the techs,they are being trained to same level as ford/bmw/vauxhall techs & the yearly investment from big dealerships (like Arnies etc) run into tens of thousends a year...but be patient it will take a few years to filter through & this can only be of great benefit the customer:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well TBH my nearest fiat dealer was always pretty good IMO. Always answered any questions I had satisfactory, always dealt with my car perfectly fine, if I had a problem while it was under warrantee I booked it in, they gave me a C/C and I went back, usually to find that they had ordered another part or had fixed it. Very friendly as well.

Only problem now is............its turned in to a Renault (n) - it was at Crosshills, Keighley, West Yorks, and was already 1/2 an hour from where I live, now god knows where my nearest one is, I phoned 3 I thought were nearish, and 2 have shut or changed to someone else and the 3rd has also changed to a renault. Oh well independant dealer it is now!

Oh a bit off topic but T14086 where do fiat stand on replacing variators still on the Punto HGTs as good will / or at least check it out good will on a 2000 plate HGt but with only 13500k on the clock, I know its 6 years old but was just wondering with the millage being so low?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back