Currently reading:
Official Fiat Presence on this site

Sprox

1 Key operation!
I was wondering, looking at the 1.1 New Panda dodgy engine thread:
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=55916
and also:
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=57738

I saw there was a post form ChrisSmithCR - obviously an official of some kind but I wasn't sure where?

Now is this Fiat Forum too small to warrant a Presence from a FiatUK or Fiat Italy Official or should we tell them that we exist?

Also, I know Car Dealerships are SALES people more than anything (the sales people tend to know only about PCPs and finance and commission rather than reliabilty or how a Panda 4x4 handles off road- after all they are only selling them:D )
BUt as a Forum - do we not have a little bit more clout with Fiat and the dealers? Or do we just sit here enthusing with ourselves?
Is there a single FIAT salesman on this forum as a member?
Is there a single Fiat Manager on this Forum as a member?

Surely they can learn a lot from us lot - the 'customers' so to speak
I've got a 16 year old panda - ok I didn't buy a new car (ok I bought a daihatsu Copen but only 'cos the panda 4x4 wasn't available...... at the time) but I spent a lot on parts from Fiat last year. When I start my business up again I'll need a more suitable vehicle! Where am I gonna go?
I'm an Active FIat Forum member and I don't know a single 'contact' at a fiat dealers or at fiat uk.
It's because they just leave us alone or don't care or don't know we are here.

If I ran a Fiat dealership - this Forum is one place I would be looking after!

Its Been a while since last on. A lot of the people here are tech's. The tech's that are here are normally the best. Because they also want to know what problems occur, and like to solve the fault quickly.These tech actually care about the customers, not just get the car in and out. I For one, do care and think what a dealer charges is wrong, but then if you consider that it costs dealers £180 per day for training course for a technician ( This is what fiat charge) Then you can see why prices are high, and usually back steeters dont give, coutersy cars and wash and vac cars, nor do they collect and deliver cars.that is why they is not a lot of good technicians in garages as they do not have the training and a lot of them, the ones how do have trianing, do not care. . Sorry for the rant, But some technicians do care......:eek: (y)

p.s
And a lot off backstreet garages take them to main dealer to be fixed and then charge even more to customer.

FiatExpert said:
if you consider that it costs dealers £180 per day for training course for a technician ( This is what fiat charge)

Think you got it wrong there mate...........you forgot to include;

Travel...often by airplane! hire of cars plus fuel...personally it cost my dealer £40 per day travelling expenses.

Loss of takings...basic 8 hour day at say £45 p/h = £360

Hotels (if required) running up £50 per night.

Add that little lot up for a 3 day course & in reality it has cost the dealer between £1500-2000!

Well our dealership has a (huge!) training budget so it comes out of projected profits....oh forgot something else...expenses or should I say beer money(y) (so add another £25/night!)

Last edited:
Every new car these days comes with more shi*****t on. If you spend a full day without a beer you would go mad. On the bad side you have an exam at the end of the course.(n) But as i said the people who listen are on here, and do care about service... Well some, cant guaranteeThat.

SORRY GENUINE FORUM MEMBERS FOR THE COMMENTS BELOW
If its correct there has been official presence on the site then the Stilo Mk10 might be reliable ( with a user resetable service light):) Honest:) :)

As for costs for Dealer Mechanics and Auto Electricians etc attending FIat training courses ( i.e How to reset the service light or keep a straight face when you tell the customer "£35 please to change your headlight bulb" and " Oh I forgot +17.5% VAT"

The above may be offset against Tax !

Although it might be cheaper to send them to the local CIVIC THEATRE:p

Why are they all called all Technicians????? or some other silly jumped up name ?????.

Don`t get me wrong, some are genuine and have have been to college and are excellent at their trade.
Some have never had any formal training and are excellent with their natural skills !

What about the others thou !:confused:

I`ll think I will open a Nuclear Power Plant and call myself a Geiger Counter calbration Technician :) :) :) but only calbrate equipment supplied by me,with the parts supplied by me ! on sundays at double time

HOPE U R READING THIS FIAT IT In MY OPINION IT SUMS UP YOUR SERVICE OR LACK OF IT.

I think I must write up in support of my local Fiat Franchise, Big up to them (y) friendly and courteous at all times used them for my first 2 services, big problem, price, now use a local Fiat expert at half the cost,and does little bits on the side for me for nowt, funny thing though he gets all his Fiat parts from the local franchise, seen the vans delivering.

Steve

Tim T said:
As for costs for Dealer Mechanics and Auto Electricians etc attending FIat training courses ( i.e How to reset the service light or keep a straight face when you tell the customer "£35 please to change your headlight bulb" and " Oh I forgot +17.5% VAT"

Not techs job to tell customer the prices its the reception staff.

Tim T said:
What about the others thou !:confused:

ALL Fiat technicians have a training schedule.

Tim T said:
I`ll think I will open a Nuclear Power Plant and call myself a Geiger Counter calbration Technician :) :) :) but only calbrate equipment supplied by me,with the parts supplied by me ! on sundays at double time

Good luck,sure you will do well:)

Im pretty sure Fiat UK are keeping an eye on this forum! Its too big to ignor and i bet they do take our comments into consideration.

As for Dealerships, i had very bad experiences with Reg Vardy, Leicester (now closed) however i cant "big up" the Research Fiat Dealership in Nuneaton, fantastic service, friendly and even shows you the problem so you can fix them yourself should something need fixing again. (y)

My local reg vardy fiat dealership was very intrigued by the forum and would take a look every now and again especially on the GP bit as they were a bit short of info on it at the time

My local Fiat dealers...well, its shut down thank god. Parts and service were possibly the biggest heap of...yeah.

Blackburn Fiat on the other hand - some 55miles away are possibly the best dealership Ive ever dealt with.

Not that Id ever entrust my car to a dealership. Im not gonna pay full whack for a technician to look over my car, when it trains me as an engineer to do it myself and costs nothing! :)

If Fiat do monitor this site...they should speak up :)

you would be suprised who looks at what forums.....

There may not be an official presence on here but Im sure theres at least a few spies in the midst of all these members.

well thames fiat knows about the site, saw the sticker on the back of the panda when getting a quote, said they look now and again

btw there was a very very nice mk2 tub parked outside, i'm getting broody again...

Back