General Fiat and Dealers Customer Service

Currently reading:
General Fiat and Dealers Customer Service

Highlander

In the past my wife and I have either bought cars built by VW or MAZDA, and if we have had any probs its just been a case of either contacting the dealer or the Manufacturer, and thats been that problem solved. Not the we had many over the past 25 years motoring. Now my wife has a Panda Sporting and although we have no problems with the car, we have had some probs with the vehicle documentation.
Now the probs could have been solved quite quickly by the dealer, but they just seemed to be putting it off, so i contacted Fiat Customer Services, and ran up against The Daughter of Satan, :devil: So I explaned the probs I was having with the Dealer Arnold Clark, and to be honest by the time she was finished with me, I didnt think I had the right breathe. Now i do realise they dont have a nice job, but after reading remarks on the web by a Mr Calvern who seens to be in charge of this area for Fiat, and how he is going to improve the customer service and Dealerships in the UK. ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU SIR IS, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START. This was our first Fiat and it will be our last not due to the car, but to very poor customer services. They seem to forget that its our hard earned money that pays there salary.

Hi, i hope you read my thread ...you are not alone...mr calvern full of hot air??? needs to put his own house in order before starting on the dealers

I, too have had the misfortune to be in communication with Fiat customer relations with regard to Brio accessories (the dog guard does not fit an eleganza as shown in brochure). Thought I was doing them a favour alerting them to this and requesting a little technical advice to sort it but I was blanked at every turn.
Now have expensive bit of useless scrap metal. No one is responsible!!
Love my wee car but won't go near Fiat again for this reason.

Glad to see it's not just me.

I bought a Multipla, new, six years ago. She's had one or two probs, but I've forgiven her as she's so pretty and full of character. :) I didn't forgive the dealers or FIAT though, because I found them very difficult and awkward (I'm trying to be polite here). After one particular run-in, FIAT conceded they were in the wrong and offerred me "10% off parts at my next service". I reckoned this might have cost them about £2....

I was thankful when the warranty ran out so that I wouldn't have to deal with them any more. I vowed not to buy another FIAT.

Imagine my surprise, as they say, when I surprised myself and bought a FIAT! A new Panda. New model, not quite new out of showroom. It was on eBay, only 6 months old, decent price, cute looks, good write-ups, I was looking for a little car for SWMBO for the school runs etc, and couldn't resist.

Then when I read on these pages about the Multipla front springs recall, I knew I was going to regret it but I called my local dealer, quoted the recall numbers (FIAT and VOSA), but they said they'd not heard of it, checked my chassis number and told me there's nothing outstanding on my car. So I called FIAT, and for some reason they had info on the recall number before this one, info on the recall number after this one, but no info on this recall. :rolleyes: No amount of reasoning or talk of VOSA got through. :bang: So I've given up.

This time, no more FIATs. Why risk your sanity for a bit of originality when you can buy a Honda or Toyota that will be well serviced, is well built and won't go wrong?:worship:

holly said:
I, too have had the misfortune to be in communication with Fiat customer relations with regard to Brio accessories (the dog guard does not fit an eleganza as shown in brochure).
Nevermind the dog guard, does a dog fit in :confused: If we put my boyfriends parents dog in the boot she would be squished up the rear window :eek:

There is an alternative, I have had three brand new Fiats, suffered the usual grief form Fiat and their dealers and decided enough, sold the new Panda back to them, bought myself a £350 old Panda and am sooo happy now! If it goes wrong, so what - Ill fix it, no warranty, no repayments, no depreciation, no worries! So far 6000 trouble free and happy miles, Fiat can go stuff themselves!
I feel for you, customer services are diabolical at Fiat, and yes good old Arnold Clarke have been giving Fiat customers the run around for years.

Back