Technical Odometer is flashing..

Currently reading:
Technical Odometer is flashing..

JugsMugs

Guys I need your help. I bought this new android head unit, I installed it and everything seemed to work just fine but I realized that the mileage startet flashing. I got the obd cables from ebay and performed a proxy allignment but it couldnt connect to the Entertainment Telematic Node (ETM) and I got a timeout message. It finished the allignment however the mileage didnt stop flashing. I believe there is something wrong with my Blue&Me module. Would disconnecting the module fix my problem?

Depending on the exact model I think you may need to unplug the blue and me module and then do the pro i alignment, it’s probably not needed if you have a new Android based head unit and blue and me was just the worst.

Also if it’s not already gone wrong the blue and me module will go wrong causing further problems in the future.

It is just above the glove box on right hand drive cars here in the uk so I assume it will be the same if yours is left hand drive

I know B&M is the worst.. I´ll try that thanks. Do you know if I have to pull out some fuses for it to be fully disconnected from the system? I´ve read that there is a fuse on the GP thats for the Blue&Me module but couldnt find anything in the manual for my Evo that could be related to Blue&Me.

I’d just unplug it.

Someone posted a picture of one a couple of months back they had opened up when it failed and it looked very burned inside. As a result I would make sure it’s not connected at all just to prevent any problems it’s perfectly possible they would have live power on more than one wire going in, or if failed internally could short the can lines to ground.

I´d thought I keep you updated so I unplugged the Blue&Me module and did a proxy allignment and it didnt fix the flashing mileage. I still get the message that it cant communicate with the ETM and now its on "EOL Failed". Should I plug in Blue&Me again or not and what´s the Entertainment Telematic Node?

Body Computer (BCM/NBC): EOL Ok
Motorsteuerung (ECM/NCM): Ok
Elektrische Lenkung (EPS/NGE): Ok
Instrumententafel (IPC/NQS): EOL Ok
Bremsanlage (ABS/BSM/NFR): Ok
Knoten Schleudern/Seitenbeschl. (NYL): Ok
Knoten Airbag (NAB/ORC): EOL Ok
Entertainment Telematic Node (ETM): EOL Failed

Hi

Ive been thinking of upgrading the stereo in my own EVO but ive seen a few issues like what your having so ive not bothered yet, but i just found this guy explains the problem and sells a cable that is supposed to help with it. Maybe worth a look?

he's on justcarkits.co.uk

Do you have a specific link cant find it.

The flashing stops when I put the old radio in and perform an proxy allignment.

im a new member so i cant post links yet but on the site if you click on his blog and search fiat its the first post talking about it

the cable is called

ctblueandmelead – Alfa Romeo and Fiat Blue and Me Retention Cable with USB connection

Back