General NZ turbo owners. Parts/car for sale

Currently reading:
General NZ turbo owners. Parts/car for sale

Yeah that's right UCOF, and roofracks haha

SteveNZ
It was actually very cheap and I bought it pretty much unseen. But the body is too far gone to get on the road and I'm not up for the work involved in a transplant. Be a pretty good spares car for someone with a turbo. Are you interested? I'm just looking to get back what I paid.

Last edited:
Hi Rawill
I am in Auckland. Thats a long way from you!!!

Yeah that's right UCOF, and roofracks haha

SteveNZ
It was actually very cheap and I bought it pretty much unseen. But the body is too far gone to get on the road and I'm not up for the work involved in a transplant. Be a pretty good spares car for someone with a turbo. Are you interested? I'm just looking to get back what I paid.

A friend of mine is. He will contact you direct

Yeah it was a shame. The engine and interior certainly matched the 160,000 km on the clock, but the body was just appalling. This thing was rotton, it leaked everywhere. Windows were windup as well.
Actually it was a guy in Hamilton bought it, you might know him?

hahah yeah I think its the '$120 uno' part two!!!
Get ready for some restoration work :eek:

Actually it was a guy who was going to put it in an X19. I'd have picked up if it was jjhepurn, he'd still have oil on him from that leaky sump !!!

Last edited:
hey ralph...I don't get on the forum much as I haven't had a fiat for a few years and been toying with other vehicles of the 2-wheel variety. I bought the Uno for an X1/9 conversion - brakes, engine, gearbox, etc. I'll see when I get it home how suitable it is for what I need.

No doubt there will be a number of parts I won't need which will hopefully go to a needy home :)

I don't know many Fiat owners around the Waikato, but would be keen to meet a few when I get a little more progress on mine.

Sounds great, Wildcat_lgf... and welcome back to the forum.
I'm sure you'll find lots of parts you need, and creating the X1/9 that FIAT should have is a very good use for a rusty Uno Turbo.

I'm out of the country for a few more days but when I'm home next week, I'd be keen to come and take a look sometime if you're in Hamilton - no rush, any time in the next, oh, year or so :) Send me a PM (personal message) some time.

Cheers,
-Alex

Hi there wildcat_lgf! Hope you got the car OK, no tickets.
I would have liked to have put in another body myself, just didn't have the space/time.
I've been looking at Turbo's for sale on TM, most are fairly 'tweaked' and well gone over, 240,000 km. There was that stock metallic blue/green one from TePuke that sold a few months back for $1500 that was quite nice.
Are there any reasonable stock MK1 Turbo's with lowish mileage in NZ? For sale?
If you have a nice one for sale, please message me.

Last edited:
Any regular 20+ year old car is going to have rather high mileage. Ive found that the mileage is rather unimportant on Uno turbo's anyway. The engines seem to go forever. I know a few that have 300+ k on them without any issues.

A high mileage looked after car is more likely to be better than a low mileage mode of transport.

I found a mint low mileage Mk1 a couple of years ago for a reasonable price. I'm kicking myself I didn't buy it now. Finding another is going to be near impossible I think.

Back