Not Good, Not good at all...

Currently reading:
Not Good, Not good at all...

Do you not see that with the very vague wording there is wide scope for abuse by the authorites?

i cant believe that the police would abuse some ambiguous wording just so they can arrest loads of people who are doing nothing wrong.

if laws are written in very specific language they are more difficult to enforce (more loopholes). by keeping it general it allows the police to make a decision on exactly how to enforce it, which we must trust them to do in a responsible way.

if you cant trust the police to enforce laws fairly there is a big problem, it will take a lot more than the wording of laws to resolve that.

besides can you imagine what would happen if they did charge everyone at a fiatforum meet? it wouldnt hold up in court.

i've had my fair share of run-ins with the police, and to be honest they always had good intentions.

Last edited:
consider this rob, for most of the big meets we arrange for the FF to attend, there are generally convoys converging from all parts of the country, the 2 meeting points that stick out for me are tescos for brooklands, and some huge rest area on the m40 (anyone?) on the way to gaydon. each time a fair few cars, 15-20 plus, but do we see anything that could remotely seem like bad behaviour? brake tests, burnouts, j-turns, drifting, sound offs? nope, not yet. why? they all want to come out for a good time, get sociable, and as far as i can see be responsible with it. their sheer numbers may draw attention to them, but behaviour, wouldn't raise an eyebrow, and thats whati presume this injunction is being created for.

I am sure that is a last resort threat anyway,

I would assume if you were meeting with other Fiatforum people you may be asked to disperse from the area. If you didnt and carried on behaving like an idiot well then you deserve everything that happens to you

to be fair i think this seems fair enough. it gives police powers to stop racing and disturbing residents with loud music etc. i'd imagine convoys would be fine as long as they aren't speeding or just doing circuits. i don't think this is anything for most people to worry about to be honest.

As with speed cameras the sceptic in me sees this turning into a case of guilty until proven innocent.

In your situation Dave you would have to prove you were there by accident (which TBH is going to be impossible as witnesses aren't enough), or probably face a fine.

So what if you are going along in a peaceful modified convoy of four and a tw@t starts driving like a... well.. tw@t around you?

Oh yeah you get done for it

they should make it only up to 35 year olds

bit harsh dont ya think. Me and most of me friends can drive now so if we went anywhere we should automatically be thought bad of for being under 35?

We not into the sillyness of the chavs, i mean i cant deny i havent been to the chavs hang out and just sat and watched them ruining their tyres etc, but i would never do any of that stuff as i actually like the car i own.

bit harsh dont ya think. Me and most of me friends can drive now so if we went anywhere we should automatically be thought bad of for being under 35?

We not into the sillyness of the chavs, i mean i cant deny i havent been to the chavs hang out and just sat and watched them ruining their tyres etc, but i would never do any of that stuff as i actually like the car i own.

think theres a bit of tongue in the cheek there

Take the ban of hoodies - which led to 3 year olds being banned from shops.

Gotta hit them when they're young. Prevention is better than a cure, just need to ban Burberry baseball caps as well ;)

But on a serious note even three year olds can run amok and cause trouble/ steal. I've seen cases on the news where dumbfcuk parents can't control their own kids of that age, so yes, a hoodie is a hoodie whatever their age. Otherwise you'll get the ridiculous situation of needing id to prove that a kid is under three years old or whatever and therefore allowed to wear a hoodie in a shop.

End of the day, hoodies are banned in shops to stop the thieving scum from hiding their faces while they nick stuff. Either have the hood down when you go in or don't go in at all. Simple...

Not arrest, FINE, the laws are there to FINE people. If they are not used as such straight away they will be.

No, laws are their to protect the general public. If you break the law you get fined/ prosecuted. If you don't break they law you don't. If you act like a tit with a group of modded cars you risk getting done. That could have happend even before this new regulation came into being. And don't forget that the Police are NOT immune from the laws, and an unjust prosecution could be challenged and the Police themselves charged with harrassment.

We've all seen inconsiderate assholes acting like immature fcukwits without any consideration for anyone else. Blaring music, screeching tyres, dangerous driving, 'showing off' etc. The average member of the public has the right to NOT be affected by this kind of behaviour, which is why this regulation has come into force. For those that do drive in convoy sensibly then there is nothing to worry about. Behave like a tit and may the heavy arm of the law come down on you and rightly so.

Oh yes. 'Chavtard'. :D :D :D Awesome word - should be in the urban dictionary. :slayer:

All the things you say need to be stopped can already be deal with using current legislation. Dangerous Driving, Anti-social behaviour orders, etc. I think it was GhostWKD who got an asbo against his car (I think - might be wrong) so why do they need these extra rules which just seem to get a bit close to my rights as a law abiding citizen to hang around with some mates.

love the way people on here who think there better than everyone else call people chavs,

And exactly who was that directed at? The 'people on here' who condemn those idiots who don't give a fcuk about anyone else except themselves? The idiots who selfishly think they have the 'right' to do what the Hell they want, and anyone who says they can't is 'taking away their civil liberties'? I call people like that who also behave like morons and fit the perceived stereotype "Chavs" as well.

So are you suggesting that I think I'm better than everyone else for standing up and wanting a society that has people who respect and show consideration for each other?

Or should I act 'hard' and 'cool' by saying "fcuk you, if I wanna do it I will do it" whether it infringes someone elses 'rights' or not?

Last edited:
I am better than everybody else, what's the point?

This thread is silly, as a Nottingham City resident living on the border of the country and city I can ensure everybody that this bye-law has improved the life of the vast majority of the citizens, especially in the vacinity of the Broadmarsh centre and train station area in the evening.

Back