Not Good, Not good at all...

Currently reading:
Not Good, Not good at all...

"The injunction prevents five or more vehicles from "congregating, driving in convoy, or racing" in the county.
The council said the move followed hundreds of complaints about noise and anti-social behaviour of drivers.
A similar injunction was obtained by Nottingham City Council in 2006 which applied to the city.
The injunction carries a maximum two year jail sentence for anyone found breaching the order."

Click for link on BBC Website

In My opinion thats going a bit over the top now...

Lets see them arrest a f**king funeral presession then shall we?!

Dan

I drive a "modified" car, I like to convoy to italian car meets so that we can arrive as a group and not get lost... now we're going to have to buy maps and disperse when we hit the Nottinghamshire border ;) :p

again may i draw your attention to the last line of the article....

BBC said:
The injunction is aimed at drivers of modified cars who race or "cruise" at impromptu rallies.

for example, the ace meets, are organised, santa pod, stanford, gaydon, etc etc etc

my profession has nothing to do with my abilty to read and interpret what is laid out in black and white......

again the point, so plainly laid out, and clear to see, is ignored, and the headline, "sun" sytle is leapt upon, and held up by the self righteous, indignant masses. it's not aimed at the law abiding, contientious driver, or his family following him. it's not about the groups of friends on their way to whatever event they are attending.

it's about: the minority of bellends, you know the ones, and for those who come to ace nights, you see them burning along the road in front, who are intent on showing off, without regard for anyone else, or their safety. it's about residents in the area who have asked their councillors to do something:

http://itsacr02a.nottscc.gov.uk/apps/pr/diary/memdiary.nsf/0/CC134CC503FA8E1A80257275005534BB/$file/09dR_Community%20Safety%20and%20Partnerships%20Portfolio.pdf

sections 11 and 12, although appearing in the past in the town centre, action then led to the issue being pushed further out to the major routes, leading the county to take more positive action.

Last edited:
This policy has worked in Nottingham City Centre which is now much safer as there aren't idiots racing around the city centre. It's democracy at its best, stopping a few people ruining it for everybody else.

Anybody who disagrees that is has had a positive impact in Nottingham City Centre for the vast majority is quite simply wrong.

So then Mr Jai, is two years justified for this?

And it appears to be in this little thing called 'Human rights' - The right to peacful assembly. If the rule is only going to apply to twits in burberry why not just say that rather than leave the rest of us wandering how exactly to interpret the law.

Oh wait a law that isnt explained very well, thats a new one isnt it :rolleyes:

Isn't there existing legislation though to prevent this thing?

Passing knee-jerk laws like this is a bad thing if you happen to get a mad anti-car Chief Constable as they do in Wales. They will stop using it on the obvious chav meets and start persecuting the ordanary drivers because there is money to be made - and law abiding fully legal drivers are easy targets.

And it appears to be in this little thing called 'Human rights' - The right to peacful assembly. If the rule is only going to apply to twits in burberry why not just say that rather than leave the rest of us wandering how exactly to interpret the law.

the operative term, in your own post, being "peaceful assembly", one that doesnt by it's very nature, or operation, cause harrasment, alarm or distress to others. the length of the injunction would also have to be justified, and despite a reported review at the end, would bee under constant scrutiny to evaluate its effectiveness and enforcement

why the anger? i can gaurentee a peaceful assembly wont even raise an eyebrow.
the fact is weall have rights.or do i not deserve some peace and quiet without revs,screetching,loud stereos as i try to sleep.
or do the cruisers rights supercede my own?

i dont see why everyone is getting so excited, this wont affect anyone unless you race around town like a complete chavtard, besides even boyracers will very rarely be in a 5+ car situation. if you're crusing around with a couple of cars you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Do you not see that with the very vague wording there is wide scope for abuse by the authorites?

Take the ban of hoodies - which led to 3 year olds being banned from shops.

Our FF mini-meets often get more than 5 cars, some modified, and are reasonably impromptu and may include a drive or convoy to somewhere. If there were reports of numnuts driving around what's the chance of that FF mini meet ending up arrested for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Back