Not Good, Not good at all...

Currently reading:
Not Good, Not good at all...

Don't believe they had sufficient powers to impound cars and similar, when it originally came in, the police gave warnings for people using the city centre as a race track and then took away their cars, a friend of my sister had a friend who lost his Subaru this way I am led to believe). It really used to be a joke down there, if you had to collect somebody on a fri/sat/sun evening from the train station you had to be very careful and alert for idiots racing.

So does that mean myself (with my perfectly standard car) and my friends with their perfectly standard inported jap and german cars can all meet up and hang around the car parks, as long as we don't speak to those horrible people with modified cars? How wonderful :)

There's always some minorities ruin things for the majority, perhaps the police/ justice system could clamp down on the few idiots causing the nuisance instead of spoiling things for everyone?

But fact is the police will not do anything unless something is not "right"; hence this is clamping down on the louts rather than the Helzs.

So does that mean myself (with my perfectly standard car) and my friends with their perfectly standard inported jap and german cars can all meet up and hang around the car parks, as long as we don't speak to those horrible people with modified cars? How wonderful :)

There's always some minorities ruin things for the majority, perhaps the police/ justice system could clamp down on the few idiots causing the nuisance instead of spoiling things for everyone?

That is the whole point Helz, to give the police powers to clamp down on the morons who spoil it for everyone else. Jai put it across really well earlier on in this thread:

again the point, so plainly laid out, and clear to see, is ignored, and the headline, "sun" sytle is leapt upon, and held up by the self righteous, indignant masses. it's not aimed at the law abiding, contientious driver, or his family following him. it's not about the groups of friends on their way to whatever event they are attending.

it's about: the minority of bellends, you know the ones, and for those who come to ace nights, you see them burning along the road in front, who are intent on showing off, without regard for anyone else, or their safety. it's about residents in the area who have asked their councillors to do something:

http://itsacr02a.nottscc.gov.uk/apps/pr/diary/memdiary.nsf/0/CC134CC503FA8E1A80257275005534BB/$file/09dR_Community%20Safety%20and%20Partnerships%20Portfolio.pdf

sections 11 and 12, although appearing in the past in the town centre, action then led to the issue being pushed further out to the major routes, leading the county to take more positive action.

No one answered my question. What if you and 4 mates are going out for a meal or something. All driving modded cars. And you get some tw@t in a saxo (pure example) who drives like a tw@t? Think the police will say - I've got better things to do than be a w*nker and work out what actually happened, and refer to the millions of camera we have everywhere to see you were innocent. No you'll get "I'll fine the lot of you, dont moan or I'll send you to jail. You can have Ian Huntleys cell. At least he doesnt drive a modded car"

"Officer, we're going to *name of pub* for lunch, together, we don't know who that idiot was." Sorted.

If you're going the same route with 5 of you, you could car share, much better :)

Just been and come back to/from MondeoMania (lol) in Kettering in Northants and we did the M1 route down there.

There were a few Mondeo convoys doing this, plus there seemed to be a VW/Classic VW meet and also a Rolls Royce meet in the surrounding area as plenty of old school rollers and VW's in convoy too.

There were extra presence in the services en route from Highways agency etc and seemed to be extra patrols, but they didnt seemed to mind the convoying etc and there was no sillyness in the services or on the motorway from anyone not even from the VW GTI/corrado lot, in fact being in convoy seemed to slow everyone down

I know they cant nick you, but their presecene was there and they can still make a call to police etc if there were any idiots i.e. jot down reg plate to pass on etc, if there was any bother i think they wouldve just moved everyone on, but everyone/thing was fine

No i didnt see stu but ironically did see an ulysee pottering around the area

I hope this would apply to scooters as well so many little scrotes who have passed their cbt and think they know it all!!

I hope this would apply to scooters as well so many little scrotes who have passed their cbt and think they know it all!!

no they not scooters they mopeds, if it aplied to scooters it would affect the real scooterists rallies

groupscoots.jpg

Back