No sound through BT with SE W995

Currently reading:
No sound through BT with SE W995

Furenius

Hello,

My wife just bought a Fiat 500C and had initial problem with pairing her SonyEricsson W995 with the B&M system. After several atempts thats succeeded, but now she's not abel to make or receive any calls. It's just a "static noise" in both ends of the phones when you accept the call. It's possible to make the call, i.e. it's dialing the number, but it's impossible to hear anything in the phone or in the car when you have accepted the call.

When she's connected to the B&M, the phone indicates that it's connected to a headset. Is this correct?

Is there anyone with a similar experience, and got a solution for the problem?

Last edited:
You might need to install the Sony Ericsson patch for the Blue&Me. You can download the patch from here, and get instructions on how to install it from here.

Note: Although the instruction says that the patch is only for Blue&Me version 5.4 (your wife 500C has already got version 5.5), Fiat.it clearly states that the patch still works with version 5.5. Hope that helps.

Well, I tried that and did it according to all steps in the manual, i.e. formating the USB stick and so on, but the only thing that happend was that the display said "config error" when I had the USB stick in the slot and turned on the ignition to "MAR"

I extracted all the files in the patch. The thing is that in the 2 cabinet files that are compressed, there is 2 files with the same name. "000setup.001."

Shall I just extract the mainfolder "Update_for_Sony_Ericsson" and leave the the 2 cabinet file unextracted? "Patch_5.4_for_Sony_Ericsson" and "R_Patch"

Where can I see what SW version the B&M has?

Just copy the 3 extracted files (install.inf, Patch_5.4_for_Sony_Ericsson.CAB, and R_Patch.cab) on a blank usb pen drive. Blue&Me will load the install.inf file then the two cab files.

The majority of the 500C's are already shipped with Blue&Me version 5.5. Unfortunately, you cannot check which version your wife's car got. You can still try to install 5.5 though, it won't cause any harm. Read my other post on how to do it.

I did try to install the SE patch yeasterday again, with the 3 files extracted, but as soon as I switch the key to "MAR" pos. the display says "Config Error". I don't know if that means that the patch is already installed. We are gonna leave the car to the workshop on tuesday, but I suspect that there is something wrong with here BT unit in the car.

I see. Do you have a chance to try another phone? I don't know what phone you got, but try that with Blue&Me before you take it to the workshop.

Problem solved.
The car went to the workshop and the checked for loose cables and did a reinstall on the whole Blue&Me SW.
It works fine nnow.

Back