Currently reading:
Blue&me seems to be tripping sound from speakers

Danierodegrs

Hi there!

Having a bit of trouble with my radio/speakers.

Around a month ago, the sound stopped coming out of my speakers. The blue and me port works, my phone still charges and it changes from radio to media player but no sound comes out - or of the radio either.

I’d assumed it was a lose wire in the back or in one of the doors.
Today I had my break disks changed, come back to pick up my car and my sound had started working again.

Fast forward 6 hours, pull in at home and remove my iPhone chatger from the USB port, hear my speakers crackle with static, and my sound has stopped again.

Could this be an issue with the USB port? Potentially wires inside or the whole circuit board?

Thanks in advance!

Do the speakers work with normal radio, or is that dead too? I'm assuming from the post they don't but better to check...

Have you played anything really, really loud through the speakers? If so it could be damaged speaker cones (replacing them is a fair old bit of work at the rear), otherwise it sounds like your stereo might be on the blink. If that is the case it's possible to connect certain stereos with a rear line input to the Blue & Me and just lose the steering wheel volume controls (see the latter part of this thread), stick in a Connects 2 kit or suchlike to keep the controls and lose the Blue & Me, or otherwise it'll be a matter of looking for a similar 2nd hand stereo to your existing one, and then getting it to work with the car (which I'm sure plenty of others have done)

First stage will def be taking the stereo out though, if only to wiggle the wires and see what happens. As it happens I've done another little guide to that here...

Do the speakers work with normal radio, or is that dead too? I'm assuming from the post they don't but better to check...

Have you played anything really, really loud through the speakers? If so it could be damaged speaker cones (replacing them is a fair old bit of work at the rear), otherwise it sounds like your stereo might be on the blink. If that is the case it's possible to connect certain stereos with a rear line input to the Blue & Me and just lose the steering wheel volume controls (see the latter part of this thread), stick in a Connects 2 kit or suchlike to keep the controls and lose the Blue & Me, or otherwise it'll be a matter of looking for a similar 2nd hand stereo to your existing one, and then getting it to work with the car (which I'm sure plenty of others have done)

First stage will def be taking the stereo out though, if only to wiggle the wires and see what happens. As it happens I've done another little guide to that here...
Thank you. Yeah, no sound from normal radio either.

Will attempt the usual of disconnecting the battery again and looking behind the radio itself.

Loud music no, not really.
Headed out since posting this, and the sound was working perfectly again. Somethings deffo on the blink 😂

Thank you!

Back