Technical No remote central locking, key transmits fine

Currently reading:
Technical No remote central locking, key transmits fine

Pips

Hi All!

I havent posted much on this forum, however when I did I found answers pretty quick... Hoping it will be the same this time!

I have a Fiat Panda 169 Emotion 4x4 (in beautiful metallic blue!). With it being an Emotion, it has the remote central doorlocking feature. It worked fine with the remote until a short while ago. I figured the battery of the key was bad, so I changed it. No difference. I checked all the applicable fuses, nothing wrong with them... Also, the central locking does work from the drivers door.

I took the car and key to a local locksmith, who was able to tell me that the key was transmitting the correct stuff, and the body computer had the correct codes in it. So it SHOULD work. He told me that the body computer might not receive the key's signal correctly. Thus I tried to lock it, with the key very close to the body computer... no difference...

Are there any other things I can try/check/do to get the thing working again? Or am I looking at a new body computer? :(

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Pips

With the correct software you should be able to see each button being pressed at the body computer node

But 9 times out of 10 its a dry joint on this inducer

IMG_20240210_221032.jpg

Very occasionally they need relearning

With the correct software you should be able to see each button being pressed at the body computer node

But 9 times out of 10 its a dry joint on this inducer

View attachment 438007

Very occasionally they need relearning
Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! If the transponder has dry solder, can it still transmit enough for the locksmith?
Unfortunately they only told me they could see that the body computer was "fine" and "just" did not do anything with the signal of the key...

But, I will definitely have a look!! Hopefully it is that easy to fix....

The plot thickens... I had a look in my keyfob (I broke the transponder once, so I was afraid to open it after the relearning a few years ago) Turns out the little coil is missing!! Although it continued working after the relearning (and I guess the last opening of the key)

Very weird stuff... If i find a replacement key somewhere, can I just change out the coil?
Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 10.56.38.png

Last edited:
067 (1).jpg

Looks like a delphi key fob

Yes should work with one from another similar fob

Looking at the solder splash, it looks like some has been here in the past

Check the legs on the IC nearest some of the legs don't look too good, maybe just fluff

Hope nobodies tried to reprogram it while it's not working

Any keys not present get blacklisted and can't be added later

View attachment 438064

Looks like a delphi key fob

Yes should work with one from another similar fob

Looking at the solder splash, it looks like some has been here in the past

Check the legs on the IC nearest some of the legs don't look too good, maybe just fluff

Hope nobodies tried to reprogram it while it's not working

Any keys not present get blacklisted and can't be added later
Thanks! I will have a look at that!! Im gonna try to source one of these keys, or find me someone who can do it for me... I don't think the key was reprogrammed... or... lets hope so...

Allright! I took the key to a shops that specializes in carkey relearning. They told me the old remote and spare key had the same transponder code, and that the car could not act on the signal because of that. So, they made me a new key, programmed it, and its fixed!! Thanks for all the help!

Back