Technical No ignition following engine change

Currently reading:
Technical No ignition following engine change

the map sensors are different between mk2 and 2b so we always swap manifolds over just in case its an issue
not had a problem with crank sensors yet
are you sure it wasnt one of the last 2b's with the even later 8 valve engine with different rocker top?

No, it definitely occured before the arrival of the EVO version with the 8-bolt rocker cover. Only other thing I can think of is if it were a mis-build or possibly a 1.2 16v bottom end designated for another model. Either way, it's something to watch out for, but easily got around if you come across it.

ePer lists only one Map sensor part number available, although delving deeper shows it was a supercession from the earlier part, so it looks like there's no difference other than age/manufacturer.

(y)

the electric steering motor is coded to the car ( just search for one on ebay ) you'll see what i mean

the electric steering motor is coded to the car ( just search for one on ebay ) you'll see what i mean

I spent over 10 years fitting them on a weekly/monthly basis. They aren't coded to the immobiliser.

It's ideal to calibrate the sensors afterwards, and carry out a Proxi Alignment to ensure it's communicating 100% with the other systems on the CAN network, but that's the extent of fitting one.

(y)

well its my mrs that likes puntos i hate them!! i wish she'd get rid of hers. I though they were coded to some part of the car

audi man meself never get any of these sort of problems with them

Last edited:
Back