General Nexus 7 navigation in the 500

Currently reading:
General Nexus 7 navigation in the 500

They are very good for the money, I have not picked up the iPad since I have had the nexus.

They are very good for the money, I have not picked up the iPad since I have had the nexus.
I've been doing a bit of reading on the Nexus and it does seem to have 'cracked' the failure of the 7 inch tablet not working / selling.
The OH bought an iPad 3rd generation against my recommendation and I've ended up using it. I've so impressed with I'm now looking at getting a cheapo refurbished iPad without the cellular connection. Found that having a 'build in' 3G connection is faster than using mifi.
Biggest plus of an iPad is instant switch on and not having to worry about the battery dying.
Not to sure if I would go as far hooking up a Nexus or even a 'cheap' iPad on the dashboard. Have to restraint myself from ideas like that.:)

Is that an Android tablet? If so, get a bluetooth obd-II and the torque app. Hours of fun when you're driving it :)

The postman just delivered a bluetooth obd-II dongle for the car and I have downloaded the torque app. I have spend a few mins on it and I am glad to say I have no ECU faults. I will have a good play around with it later.

I've been doing a bit of reading on the Nexus and it does seem to have 'cracked' the failure of the 7 inch tablet not working / selling.
The OH bought an iPad 3rd generation against my recommendation and I've ended up using it. I've so impressed with I'm now looking at getting a cheapo refurbished iPad without the cellular connection. Found that having a 'build in' 3G connection is faster than using mifi.
Biggest plus of an iPad is instant switch on and not having to worry about the battery dying.
Not to sure if I would go as far hooking up a Nexus or even a 'cheap' iPad on the dashboard. Have to restraint myself from ideas like that.:)

I avoid using gps when driving it distracts me a lot especially when i have to change directions! Or sometimes it updates too slow in low reception environments so it says turn after you passed the turn or like 1 second before!

The postman just delivered a bluetooth obd-II dongle for the car and I have downloaded the torque app. I have spend a few mins on it and I am glad to say I have no ECU faults. I will have a good play around with it later.

Ian

Can you explain what a Bluetooth obd-II dongle is for and what you are up to? It sounds interesting but I am confuffled.

I avoid using gps when driving it distracts me a lot especially when i have to change directions! Or sometimes it updates too slow in low reception environments so it says turn after you passed the turn or like 1 second before!
Sometimes the iPhone (trapster mode) can be handy when it says 'dangerous intersection ahead'. Trying to think if the tomtom ever says that....
Handy on roads that you haven't travelled on before.
Remember watching a program on Police pursuit driving and at one stage the Evo had to stop to let the sat nav (think it was a Garmin) catch up. It's problem that i've never experienced.

I have a 7" Galaxy tab running 4.04 will be jellybean soon ;) as soon as I get to the end of the contract and upgrade, the tab is going in either the Van or the Marea. I think it would look a little silly n the 126 or the 20 year old Panda. lol

Ian

Can you explain what a Bluetooth obd-II dongle is for and what you are up to? It sounds interesting but I am confuffled.

This should make it a bit clearer.

Back