Technical newby... Type of oil

Currently reading:
Technical newby... Type of oil

m0iaf

Hi all...thanks for having me.
I have a diesel qubo and need to know what oil to use for service.
This might sound like a real stupid question but for the past 24 years I have driven / maintained an LDV 400 with old school 15/40w mineral oils...
Searching for oils I see its a minefield out there..
cheers
Ian

Hi all...thanks for having me.
I have a diesel qubo and need to know what oil to use for service.
This might sound like a real stupid question but for the past 24 years I have driven / maintained an LDV 400 with old school 15/40w mineral oils...
Searching for oils I see its a minefield out there..
cheers
Ian
Seeing as you are a fellow ex LDV owner;), you didn't mention age etc. but is any of this of help , it is from a 2012 Auto Data Manual.
Sorry for the photo quality but it appears to be 5x30 synthetic and if you have a DPF filter then use the "low ash" version.

Attachments

• DSCF1082.JPG
    DSCF1082.JPG
    437.4 KB · Views: 26
Seeing as you are a fellow ex LDV owner;), you didn't mention age etc. but is any of this of help , it is from a 2012 Auto Data Manual.
Sorry for the photo quality but it appears to be 5x30 synthetic and if you have a DPF filter then use the "low ash" version.
Thanks Bugsymike
The ldv was our camper and daily ride for 24 years...we did in excess of 200k all over everywhere. lol after setting myself on fire as you do when welding and I made the desigion enough was enough.. Now we have this qubo WAV and the oil situation is a mine field...lol
out of interest how do I find out if this model has a DPF filter fitted.
cheers
Ian

Thanks Bugsymike
The ldv was our camper and daily ride for 24 years...we did in excess of 200k all over everywhere. lol after setting myself on fire as you do when welding and I made the desigion enough was enough.. Now we have this qubo WAV and the oil situation is a mine field...lol
out of interest how do I find out if this model has a DPF filter fitted.
cheers
Ian
Re the welding, I do say I would prefer to be dead before cremation;).
Re the LDVs, I had a petrol J4 van, then later a BMC Sherpa 1.8 Diesel, then LDV 200 ex Wadham Kenning parts delivery van (very good) then a ex SWEB LDV 200 (gutless piece of sh*t , tried everything to improve it, slow and uneconomical at the same time) as well as Fords, Ivecos, Peugeots and much more.
Re the DPF, look at the first bit of "silencer" type unit on the front end of the exhaust, if it is a DPF it will have two extra pipes coming out of it like this photo going to sensors which measure if it is getting blocked, when it does it tries to "regen" and clean it's self, failing that you get error codes and big bills, so it may be worth getting to know about it;).
1700649677121.png

Back