General Newbie

Currently reading:
General Newbie

JTPickup

Hi
Just bought my first Cinquecento. An early 1993 model.
Could anyone advise where is best to source parts please?
Is is still possible to source new old stock parts too?
Many thanks

Welcome to here :)

Big Mick at EuroCarCare in Derby is great for service parts, unto.pl is a Polish website which can help with harder to find parts. NOS is still available, but you don't see it very often.

Are you after anything in particular?

Thanks that's helpful. I'd like to try and find new interior door handles if possible.
Are there any general maintenance tips for these cars too?
Thanks very much.

The boot lid gas struts are very weak on my newly purchased Cinq.
Where would be best to purchase these new from? Are they fairly easy to remove and fit? Thanks

The boot lid gas struts are very weak on my newly purchased Cinq.
Where would be best to purchase these new from? Are they fairly easy to remove and fit? Thanks
They are easy to fit, but ideally get a friend to support the bootlid while you change them.
I managed on my own, supporting it on my head, but would have been easier with someone else holding it!
The little metal clips just lever out with a small screwdriver (careful they don't fly off).
I got a new pair from SGS:
http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-...cento/gsc1284-fiat-cinquecento-tailgate-strut

Thanks very much David, I'll get those ordered today. Much appreciated. ?

Shop4Parts is also a great place to get parts.

Also Partsworld-UK, their ebay shop tends to have more stuff than their actual website alot of the time weirdly.

I also have been using Mister-Auto quite a bit recently.

To be honest, they aren't old enough yet for parts to be hard to get really but if you struggle with anything in particular then pop up a post and we'll try help source them for you ;) ;)

Shop4Parts is also a great place to get parts.

Also Partsworld-UK, their ebay shop tends to have more stuff than their actual website alot of the time weirdly.

I also have been using Mister-Auto quite a bit recently.

To be honest, they aren't old enough yet for parts to be hard to get really but if you struggle with anything in particular then pop up a post and we'll try help source them for you ;) ;)

Thanks very much, I'll keep those sites in mind too.

I'd love a set of original mats for the car as they just have rubber ones in at the moment. Are they still available?

Also I'm looking for internal plastic door handles as mine are peeling.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mats, best bet is some not genuine tailored mats, plenty available - have a search on ebay.

door handles will be tricky, you only going to get 2nd hand ones now, someone might have some spare but no guarantees they will be better than yours.. Might be best to consider just sanding them back a bit and spraying them - use proper plastic primer if you do and then paint, maybe so matte clear so they aren't all shiny shiny. Just keep your eye out for breakers etc. Italian ebay is good for stuff like this though so try there and also the german ebay.

door handles, as above

mats, best bet is some not genuine tailored mats, plenty available - have a search on ebay.

door handles will be tricky, you only going to get 2nd hand ones now, someone might have some spare but no guarantees they will be better than yours.. Might be best to consider just sanding them back a bit and spraying them - use proper plastic primer if you do and then paint, maybe so matte clear so they aren't all shiny shiny. Just keep your eye out for breakers etc. Italian ebay is good for stuff like this though so try there and also the german ebay.

door handles, as above

Thanks very much, I'll keep an eye out for breakers and will have a think whether to attempt to improve mine, don't want to make them worse! ?
What were original mats like? Did they usually match the interiors or were they generally just plain black?

Back