Tuning newbie wants tuning

Currently reading:
Tuning newbie wants tuning

Karl 69

Hi guys recently passed my test 1st time (gloating) and being a 17 with 3 jobs and some cash to splash at his car i want some tuning done on it!
Now i done some bike racing last year and we had them tunned, we had them gasflown, bigger carbs wacked on, and a high lift cam, made a hell of a difference.
Im thinking along those lines, im after some gas flowing, cam change (what one) and some re-mapping.
Ive searched alot on here and google for some places where i can get it done but, no dice so im wondering if you can help?
p.s to my understanding alot people swap for a punto engine, i want to keep the little 1.1 motor in the car

Cheers! Karl

search the FAQ's and guides that are in your sig all the info is in there that you need

but with you being 17 what does your insurance say about modifications ? if you plan on not telling them don't bother modding :)

Ash

all you will get for a while here is insurance rants.

mate ive got the 1.2 punto with a list of mods. for a 17 yr old on my car is 4k cheapest...

if you have it fine but if you dont declare it its recless.

either way c&b 286 cam, gas flowed and 40mm throttle body, gazzman sells chips for the ecu in the classified so track one of them down, supersprint 4-2-1 mani, lighter flywheel and your good to go with what id expect 77-80bhp.

cheers for the advice guys, loads of options for me then which is what i like! :D i shall probably go with the gas flow, cam and the remap, ive also had a good look at the FAQ's now and they too have opened my eyes a bit. Couldnt find anywhere on where to actually get these parts from, it would be ideal if theres a garage who can do it all? anybody know of any?

Karl

cheers for the advice guys, loads of options for me then which is what i like! :D i shall probably go with the gas flow, cam and the remap, ive also had a good look at the FAQ's now and they too have opened my eyes a bit. Couldnt find anywhere on where to actually get these parts from, it would be ideal if theres a garage who can do it all? anybody know of any?

Karl

"866" cam can be pulled from some punto 75 engines
you can get a chip off gazzaman2k pretty cheaply
Brooky could lighten your flywheel for a price if he is upto it

you could search the classifieds or put up a wanted ad as im sure theres somethings kicking around the forum

think if these cinquecento/seicento's as a mix and match of other fiat bits

Ash

some of it can be found on ebay.. or the manufacturers website.. tbh you may want to keep the 1.1 but by the time youve done all of this youll be better off with the 1.2 anyway..
oh yeah and im sure any garage will fit it for the right price

Last edited:
I really like a quick cento as much as the next person.

But these mods need to be declared on the insurance, but before you go ahead and tell them you have done something and they say "sorry your policy is void, please remove the said modification or terminate your policy", you need to find out costs, or whether your even allowed too with your policy.

I have had a couple of friends get caught out recently with accidents (lucky they had everything declared), police do inspct both cars for either modifications or anything that could be brought up in defense or offense.

I don't want to be a stig in the dump but it's only to cover your back in future instances ;).

Thanks

X

Last edited:

I wouldn't class it as a race head if it's got standard dia' valves and no flow bench results to prove the work done has a positive affect.

I'll be sending mine to gc and getting him to do the work, atleast then it won't just be a random rally company, gc has some experience with the fire heads and a flow bench, but quality comes at a price....

Back