Technical ECU tuning chip

Currently reading:
Technical ECU tuning chip

cherrera

Hi, I noticed this on eBay:

Any reference or opinion on this?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

Check exactly what it does, some simply connect to the temperature circuit and trick the engine into thinking it is cold so it gives it more fuel, much in the way you may notice a car seems to go better on a cold morning, although part of that is the air is denser then so contains more oxygen to burn the fuel better.
If that is the case you could simply put a resistor into the circuit for a few pence, however it is not recommended. You may have noticed if you only do short journeys with a cold engine it uses much more fuel than when warmed up on a long run, so it may use more fuel.
The proper tuning is where the ECU is reprogrammed professionally to get the best performance all round, but that cost more money.
Hence the saying "You get what you pay for":)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

I think this would be a better route for you to take:

I think this would be a better route for you to take:

Yes, I'll go that way anyway. I already got an ECU, but I need to check if it's socketed or not before buying.

Thanks!

Back