Technical Ecu change

Currently reading:
Technical Ecu change

Spidman

Hello!
Can I swap the ecu (iaw 59f) from 1.2 8v punto 2 to mpi sei (sx)? Ok its not a good idea, but in paper could it work?
Thanks!

Hello!
Can I swap the ecu (iaw 59f) from 1.2 8v punto 2 to mpi sei (sx)? Ok its not a good idea, but in paper could it work?
Thanks!
Out of curiosity what is the age and exact models etc. that you are proposing, would the intention be to convert the engine to or from multipoint injection/single point injection?
The other thing I have is a Haynes book which has details of some ECUs and their pin outs around a certain age range, including Weber Marelli 1AW SPI and 1AW MPI on Fiats around the 1990s.
I didn't see 1AW59F though?
In the past I used it to wire a Nissan Almera 1.6 to use a 1.litre Nissan Micra ECU, it ran but not as well as the original , but it was to check a intermittent Immobiliser issue which eventually I traced to the non original car radio.

My problem was that my sei sx from 2001 has an issue with the ecu, (which made the car runs on 2 cylinder), and i could not find the exact model (its iaw 59f m7) but in my area there are lots of iaw 59f m3 (the 1.2 8v punto one) for cheap. The big difference between seicento 1.1 and punto 1.2 (8v) was only the engine block, and the people who swap the block to the sei keep the ecu, so the 1.1 ecu can work with the 1.2 engine, but in reverse thats what i was looking for.

My problem was that my sei sx from 2001 has an issue with the ecu, (which made the car runs on 2 cylinder), and i could not find the exact model (its iaw 59f m7) but in my area there are lots of iaw 59f m3 (the 1.2 8v punto one) for cheap. The big difference between seicento 1.1 and punto 1.2 (8v) was only the engine block, and the people who swap the block to the sei keep the ecu, so the 1.1 ecu can work with the 1.2 engine, but in reverse thats what i was looking for.
Bit too new for my book on ECUs, sorry. The later stuff has lots of extra wires to the ECU and starts to get too involved.:(

Back