Tuning MPI Tuner Cam?

Currently reading:
Tuning MPI Tuner Cam?

Hello, i have been looking into getting a new camshaft for my MPI seicento. I got in contact with gazelle racing and they told me the cam's they have might not work since my car is euro 3 and the cams might be different.
My question is if someone has experience with putting a Colombo Bariani camshaft in an MPI Seicento, were there any hiccups or did it just slide in?
If it doesn't fit, where can i get one that fits the MPI Engine?

Attachments

• FF.JPG
    FF.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 47
Hello, i have been looking into getting a new camshaft for my MPI seicento. I got in contact with gazelle racing and they told me the cam's they have might not work since my car is euro 3 and the cams might be different.
My question is if someone has experience with putting a Colombo Bariani camshaft in an MPI Seicento, were there any hiccups or did it just slide in?
If it doesn't fit, where can i get one that fits the MPI Engine?
Not sure what they are talking about. You can install an older cam shaft in the seicento mpi - but they may be suggesting that the emissions would not be up to euro3 spec.

The 866 punto 75 camshaft works in seicento and passes uk emissions test no problem.

Newer punto and panda manufactured after 2012 had a diffetent larger diameter cam shaft.

Ok so what i understand from this is that i shouldnt have any problems fitting in a performance cam. They sent me some other stuff tho with some measurements but it just doesnt look like the 1,1 or 1,2 cams

Attachments

• IMG_9986.jpeg
    IMG_9986.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 33
Ok so what i understand from this is that i shouldnt have any problems fitting in a performance cam. They sent me some other stuff tho with some measurements but it just doesnt look like the 1,1 or 1,2 cams
Interesting, my MPi Seicento and many if not all UK cars came from the factory with old Panda 4x4 cam. My understanding was that this provided good emissions with the MPi injection and good low down torque. The previous Cinquecento Sporting Spi which was Euro1? had a higher/medium lift cam, compared to the punto 75. The punto 75 cam was also fitted in a lot of UK Punto 60 Spi in the factory.

It is possible cars supplied to other countries were not the same specification perhaps but I would be suprised. Certainly Seicento 600 that were not sold in the UK?

The difference with the front of the cam might be beacuse it was no longer designed to turn the old mechanical distributor? I don't know.

Back