General Newbie needs info on buying a Stilo

Currently reading:
General Newbie needs info on buying a Stilo

Stanley_Cooper said:
Thanks Stuart DemonD thats a great price. Lets hope that they can price match on that!!
Well, here's hoping! Although the salesman did get the sack a few weeks later, lol.

This company does sell UK cars, sourced from local FIAT dealerships. The only extra cost is the fact you have to pick the car up from the south coast.

Have you also looked at jamjar, and other internet brokers? Or how about a second-hand car, where you can get some cracking bargains?

Stuart DemonD ive looked at a few other places and Jamjar does give a good price, but i haven't heard anything good said about them.

Will have to continue looking around..

Stan..

Jamjar

I got my car from Jamjar, at the time it was the cheapest around (£9600 for my JTD Dynamic), and I can't really fault them (y)

Hey Stan...

My Stilo is a European import, like the guys have said it dosen't make any difference on insurance, etc..

They only difference is that you get a better price and have more free cash maybe to spend on extra's; i went for a full cream leather interior with my extra cash; mine is also the bright blue, i just love the colour and the cream leather looks awesome with it! An option for you to think about maybe!!

I also took my car to my local fiat dealership, which is stoneacre in Peterborough area! Because the paint on my wing mirror had started to peel off; which looked, well not very nice. And the garage had no problem with doing the job! I just took all my documents and they were fine with this!

Also i had the standard MP3 headunit in my car when it was new, but ive replaced it now.. i was suprized how good the quality was on the headunit and it supported ID3 Tags..

Stanley,

Just looked at your spec through jamjar, which does allow options, and price came to £11,019, but I couldn't add MP3 player for some reason....

Just looking at the Stilo Brochure and it states with the Dynamic model it comes with Real spoiler and cd player as standard. But Jamjar's options you have to pay this as extra's???

Stan..

Nope...................................

if it is a Dynamic you are buying it will come with a rear spoiler and CD player as standard, don't worry aboout Jamjar, their information isn't always correct but I bought my car from them and the service is ok and the car spot on, correct spec and right price!

Stanley_Cooper said:
James,

Was you able purchase optional extras or just the base car?

Stan..

You can order a factory car with any factory options from Jamjar, which is what I originally wanted to do, but they had a standard one in stock available immediately, so I went for that, just missed one with leather though (n)

Hmmm I'm slowly being pursuded to purchase the car from jamjar compared to drivethedeal now. I take it once you have agreed on the car then you pay a deposit and close to delivery you pay then. Does it take long for them to get the cars??

I'm thinking of making the decision to buy this weekend hopefully.

Stan...

Just read the TC's on Jamjar's website and it states you have to pay the full amount of the car less deposit before seeing the car. I don't like the sound of that really.

James, Twincamms did you hand over your money before seeing the car :confused: :confused:

Stan..

Right............................................

you order your car. specs, etc, they take £150 deposit from you, then when your car arrives, mine was two weeks they phone you and ask you for the balance, as soon as the balance is paid you can collect your car from their head-quarters in Doncaster as I did or have it delivered. They then do a handover, you can take as long as you like to inspect the car, check that it has the correct specs, (take a specs list from FIAT with you, I did!), check it is undamaged/scratched etc and once you are happy you sign it off are presented with all the documents, etc and off you go, it's a pleasant experience all in all, no problems and what really annoys your local dealership is that they're responsible for it's warranty for the next three years...........................luvvly jubbly!!!

Twinncams,

Spoke to Jamjar, they gave me a quote of £13223 which doesn't prove to be a good start considering the price is alot cheaper on there website. Apparently there seems to be a few problems!...

Waiting for them to get back to me. :mad:

Stan..

Well Jamjar got back to me with the correct price of £11419.00 (mp3 player, skyroof and subwoofer) which sounds to me like a good price to me.

So the question is now.. Shall I take the plunge and go for it or shall I shop around at dealers this weekend to see if they can match the price.

Incidentally if I did purchase this car, they stated I would get factory bespoke car which would take 8 to 10 weeks to recieve :( :(

Stan..

Hi again,

Coast2coast on above spec £11,151.

You considered all your options as well?

May be worth going to a dealer, they can only turn you away. You will be back there anyway to deal with warranty issues, lol.

8 to 10 weeks OK, if getting the car you really want - had to wait 12 weeks for the Ulysse.

Stu

Don't worry about Jamjar!

I can only more or less agree with Twincamms verdict on Jamjar, good all round experience.

Try your local dealer though, they can from time to time come up trumps, when we recently bought my GF's new Corsa the dealer came up with a deal far better than Jamjar et al.

One thing to realise though, its in your dealers interest to put you of online dealers, I'm sure they'll have a horror story or two to try and frighten you, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Oh, and both TC and I received comensation for our cars not having the 12v in the boot, something which was described on Fiat website, though the specs had changed, Jamjar had no problems honouring this, though dealers are notorious at wriggling out of this sort of thing, pointing out the small print stating specs are subject to change without prior notice.

Back