General New Tipo.

Currently reading:
General New Tipo.

Ian Stobbs

I am going to change my 2021 Tipo 1.0 life and was wondering if Fiat still have. Petrol version of the Tipo still available.
Fiat web site only shows hybrid cars and I would prefer to get a new petrol Tipo.
I've had two Tipos and would like another

I am going to change my 2021 Tipo 1.0 life and was wondering if Fiat still have. Petrol version of the Tipo still available.
Fiat web site only shows hybrid cars and I would prefer to get a new petrol Tipo.
I've had two Tipos and would like another
The hybrid cars are petrol
Although it looks like only a 1.5 dcct engine is around to chose now on the website
Presumably this is a pugeot group engine

Thanks for the information
I've looked at the Fiat web site and it only shows hybrid cars.
I am looking for a petrol only Tipo. It will probably be the last petrol only car I buy.

Thought as much. I checked the manufacturer retail price on web site and it is nearly 30k for a hybrid Tipo. I know there will be some discounts available but I may have to change manufacturer. I've been with Fiat for over twenty years and had eight new cars over that time.
Will be disappointed if I have to change
Thanks for your help.

Thought as much. I checked the manufacturer retail price on web site and it is nearly 30k for a hybrid Tipo. I know there will be some discounts available but I may have to change manufacturer. I've been with Fiat for over twenty years and had eight new cars over that time.
Will be disappointed if I have to change
Thanks for your help.
Same here..this is my 4th new Fiat and my last. Will prob keep my Tipo for as long as it lasts and prob by secondhand other brand.

Thanks... I've contacted the dealerships near me and was informed they didn't have access to any petrol Tipos.
But I intend to visit my local Fiat dealer and speak to the salesman who sold me my last two Tipos.
Hopefully he might be able to source a petrol Tipo for me.
Fingers crossed

FIAT group have a very strange view of their customers.

They seem not too bothered about selling certain models, the Tipo being one of them and even the 500x hybrid

I grew to really like my Tipo and managed to change to a 500x before it all went hybrid.

The Hybrid engine is the same in the Tipo is a FIAT group powerplant, 130BHP, its also used in the mild hybrid Tonale in Europe, we only get the 160 BHP version.

In my view the mild hybrid FIATs are too expensive, for what they are and its silly because people will go elsewhere, and may not come back

The 500x will be replaced by the 600e electric, there is no interim choice, I don't think.

As I say, its strange how they seem happy to let models wither away, they did the same with the Alfa Mito and Giulietta.

There are exciting models on the way, but there is a gap, its all a bit strange

FIAT group have a very strange view of their customers.

They seem not too bothered about selling certain models, the Tipo being one of them and even the 500x hybrid

I grew to really like my Tipo and managed to change to a 500x before it all went hybrid.

The Hybrid engine is the same in the Tipo is a FIAT group powerplant, 130BHP, its also used in the mild hybrid Tonale in Europe, we only get the 160 BHP version.

In my view the mild hybrid FIATs are too expensive, for what they are and its silly because people will go elsewhere, and may not come back

The 500x will be replaced by the 600e electric, there is no interim choice, I don't think.

As I say, its strange how they seem happy to let models wither away, they did the same with the Alfa Mito and Giulietta.

There are exciting models on the way, but there is a gap, its all a bit strange
After 23 years and eight new Fiats I have had to leave the brand.
Spoke to my local dealership and was informed that there was a number of petrol Tipos but other dealers won't part with them . The price of second hand Tipos are very high so I decided to go to another brand.
Managed to get what I wanted,small petrol SUV.
Disappointed to leave Fiat. There seems to be a gap in the model range ( no Punto replacement).
I won't be the only customer leaving.

My understanding is that the 500X and Tipo will continue for a couple of years and be replaced by one larger car, but that's just speculation on Italian websites and they may well stop selling them in the UK earlier anyway. The 600 is a bit smaller and if it's electric only in the UK, Fiat probably won't have anything for me either. Even if we get it with the Peugeot mild hybrid engine, I'd still rather have a 500X with the firefly mild hybrid.

Back