General New Stilo owner, your views please

Currently reading:
General New Stilo owner, your views please

Kieran83

Righty, first of all i'd like to say hello, so....hello.

Just bought by stilo 1.6 dynamic in a funky blue as shown in the image below. Now, i was wondering if there were any members with the same vehicle who could give me a general overview of wht to expect with the car. Any advice would be great and if any of you have successfully intergrated your ipod with the stereo would be a great help.
RE52GHO.jpg

Thanks in advance, kieran

Kieran83 said:
Righty, first of all i'd like to say hello, so....hello.

Just bought by stilo 1.6 dynamic in a funky blue as shown in the image below. Now, i was wondering if there were any members with the same vehicle who could give me a general overview of wht to expect with the car. Any advice would be great and if any of you have successfully intergrated your ipod with the stereo would be a great help.
RE52GHO.jpg

Thanks in advance, kieran

Nice motor Mate I have a dynamic to only its a 5dr well the most common things to go tits up generaly is tyre wear/and the electronics EG- BEEP BEEP BEEP :eek: AIR BAGS which can quite often be fix with quick grope under the sets and a fiddle with the air bag connections :eek: the cause being the continuous back and forth moverment of the seats to let passangers in and out .While the Tyre wear is usually tracking out of alignment there are a few thing that crop up now and again so the best bet is beware or it will bite you in the bum:D but sure you will be OK generaly (y)

Really nice car there and welcome to the forum.

I think that Blue really suits the Stilo (murano blue isn't it?) and I wish mine was that colour!

I would imagine connecting the ipod would be tough with the visteon stereo unit (its even fussy about CD Changers). You could always take the cheap way of connecting an ipod, by buying one of those tape things that plug into the headphone socket of the ipod and uses the cars cassette player. Not ideal I know, but cheap (under £5 at tesco) solution.

Yeah i had one of those cassette adaptors for my old car and it worked perfectly however, the problem being is that the stilo has the cd player and hence no where to stuff the cassette unless i try really hard flattening it!. I have seen on the apple website a kit for adapting the stereo so the steering controls work the ipod, about a ton but wondered if anyone has had success with it before i fork out the cash.

In regards to the colour of me car....at first i wasnt sure but it did grow on me like a rash, lol the seller said and i quote ' its porche racing blue'! didnt believe him but a useful fact when im pissed and talking about my car!

Out of interest any ideas how much a new set of tyres cost generally?

ta kieran

for decent tyres on 17" wheels around 80-90 per corner! depends were you go really and what deals or bargins you can strike, like PNL said they are the problems to look out for on the earlier 02/52 reg models! The 1.6 seems to be one of the more popular varients, although i dont know if your intrested in modifiying your car but the tuning capabilities are quite limited im afraid to an exhaust and induction kit! You can connect the ipod to your standard stereo through am FM modulator, there is a thread recently in the technical section about this, although a decent un is need as a few of the guys tried some of the cheap tat off ebay firstly with (n) results!

Nice colour bu im a lil bias ;) lol

Oh I like that, and the colour

Damn just as I was kinda happy with my black 5 door another 3dr I really liek comes along :)

Good purchase looks great

looking good mate, looks like you got the skrits on it aswel!!
Welcome to the club

sinnerb said:
Oh I like that, and the colour

Damn just as I was kinda happy with my black 5 door another 3dr I really liek comes along :)

Good purchase looks great

Oi :nono: Naughty naught :p :D

got the 1.6 active sport myself... i have a new headunit to integrate the iPod... but... never fear, there are two other methods of connection for a standard head unit... www.dension.com dension Ice>Link is the one that BMW use of the conveyor belt, also I found another one the other week that looks interesting...
the harman kardon or something, not sure how that works.

wow, you're quick, your cars still on autotrader! me and the misses we're gonna go and have a look at that one! well done! cracking looking car! (y)

Motor looks nice in that colour! (y) And another Stilo owner too! Like PNL says, warning lights & messages (my user name is more than just a coincidence :D ) , and outer tyre edge wear on the rears due to the non-adjustable set up seems to be pretty much standard... oh yeah, and if one of the bulbs in the front lights fails get someone else to do it as its... err interesting :bang:

welcome! i've only had my stilo for 2 weeks, but i'm happy so far. the drivers seat squeaks a little when i get out of it, can't think of anything else. oh some of the plastic on the door panels looks delicate: try not to scratch it!

have fun! i wish i had your wheels on my black 3dr

Airbags and coil packs are the main problems ( I have had both) both easy to fix though.

I would junk the standard head unit and replace with a nice shiny aftermarket for I-pod action (thats what I did).

Like the colour (y)

Thanks VERY much for all the replies so far im very honoured to feel so welcomed...look at me blubbing!lol, well i pick it up on saturday after some dubious problems with my bank! But its the first newish car i have bought so hopefully nothing will spoil this momentous occasion!

And to think my insurance actually went down after swapping the policy over! nearly had to change my boxers!:D

As for the skirts on the car, well i didnt notice them until now so thanks for that!
and the 17's have been refurbished by the dealer so they are shiny and new! 20 quid says it takes me less than a week before i....:idea: make an impression lol

thanks very much
kieran

Back