General New Stilo Owner Wanting Advice

Currently reading:
General New Stilo Owner Wanting Advice

domkelly93

I recently bought a 2003 Fiat Stilo 1.6 and was just wanting some advice.

Firstly it came with the original radio (cassette) and a Blaupunkt CD Changer in the glove box but the changer was faulty. So i am looking for a new changer that will fit in the Stilo if anyone has one available?

And secondly the drivers side front brake squeaks when there is light pressure applied or when braking at <10mph, ive seen there is a large amount of advice out there regarding the brakes, but usually it is both front brakes, but on mine it is just the drivers side?

Any advice or help given is grateful received.

Dom

Hi,

What exactly is wrong with the changer? I have recently repaired one for mine, and I know Davren has repaired a few, so we may be able to help?

Squeaky brake is probably the pads pushing the little clips against the disc when braking, just ever so slightly though. Grease up the contact surface of the pad clips and you should be fine. I have the same problem but it's causing my pad clips to pop off!!

EDIT: If you have a 13mm ring spanner handy then IRS easy to remove the caliper to inspect the pads & clips to re-grease :)

Last edited:
Thankyou visfix for your response, unfortunately I disposed of the changer :( the error was that it wouldn't read CDs and everytime the arm moved to select a different CD it would come off its trackers, meaning it ended up bent and would need to be taken out and reset.

Thankyou also to MarkThompson4, sounds common to what I have seen on here and other sites, hopefully get it into the garage next week and get it sorted....silent braking

Back