Styling New shoes for my Panda

Currently reading:
Styling New shoes for my Panda

Although, "i would" go one size up (205/45R16") when new tires are needed.
It would give more rim protection and a more beefed look. ;)

Well as my rims are 7inch wide and et37 I won't be going any bigger then the 195/45 r16 tires that are fitted now. Clearance is good right now but I would worry with the 205 tires. Also I like the way the current tires sit on the rim.

Well as my rims are 7inch wide and et37 I won't be going any bigger then the 195/45 r16 tires that are fitted now. Clearance is good right now but I would worry with the 205 tires. Also I like the way the current tires sit on the rim.

In case of ET37, i would also not go bigger then 195. ;)
My steel 7Jx16" wheels have ET31, so enough space to go one size up. :D

I can freely put my fingers across the back of the wheel/tire between the suspension strut, so i think it would be fine.

I would call that the inside I'm wondering about the side that is facing the fender ;) On my car it already looks pretty flush with the fender and your combination will put it out 5mm more plus the extra width of the 205 tire. On the rear there's plenty of space on both sides.

I would call that the inside I'm wondering about the side that is facing the fender ;) On my car it already looks pretty flush with the fender and your combination will put it out 5mm more plus the extra width of the 205 tire. On the rear there's plenty of space on both sides.

I have to see when my summer wheels are back on, because i can't really remember how wide they are on the car, compare te the wheel arches.

Next step will be suspension research. ;)
Still want to know if it would be possible in any way to install a Fiat 500 suspension to the Panda.
Although i'm happy with the performance of the Novitec lowering springs, i still think it looks like OEM ride hight. ;)

Came across this picture on "Viva-Zeelanda.com 2016".
It look like they only like your wheel.

i287104489249068157._szw1280h1280_.jpg

Hahaha, yes I've seen that. On the other hand there are not a lot of pictures on that site but my wheel still managed the cut ;).
I'am a bit disapointed that my car didn't come by in pictures on the Dutch Panda forum knowing that my Panda was the only 312 there. Oh well they probably only like theire own cars. :)

I believe only 5 club members where present at Viva Zeelanda.

That sounds about right. I saw 3 100hp's and 2 original Panda's and probably another member in a new Punto. The ones that are in my pictures in the other topic. One of those original Panda's sounded kinda nice and was supposed to be pretty quick.

That sounds about right. I saw 3 100hp's and 2 original Panda's and probably another member in a new Punto. The ones that are in my pictures in the other topic. One of those original Panda's sounded kinda nice and was supposed to be pretty quick.

If the Punto was Black it was Serano, former Panda 85 Lounge Sempre driver. ;)

I wonder if 215/40R16" tires would work on your OZ Racing 7J high ET wheels. ?

I don't think it will work with the et37 wheels, just not enough clearance at the back. I wouldn't mind a slightly higher tyre for comfort but certainly don't wanna go wider then the 195. Wheels already look wide enough for such a tiny car ;)

Last edited:
I don't think it will work with the et38 wheels, just not enough clearance at the back. I wouldn't mind a slightly higher tyre for comfort but certainly don't wanna go wider then the 195. Wheels already look wide enough for such a tiny car ;)
That would mean a 195/50 R16 88V tire, it would also mean a circumference increase of 3.35%. ;)

That would mean a 195/50 R16 88V tire, it would also mean a circumference increase of 3.35%. ;)

And smaller wheel gap by almost another 10mm wich would be nice. Compared to the oem 185/55 15 the circumference increase would be a little below 3%. I'm not gonna bother with it though as I like it just fine the way it is.Might fit the original wheels when the winter comes.

You've got that right! :)
Today the Panda was lowered with the Novitec springs and I'm realy pleased with the drop and the way she handles.
Ride is firm but comfy and the turn in and steering feels mutch quicker and mutch more direct. Also the grip is greatly improved after fitting the new wheels and springs compared to the oem Good Year Perfect grips.
The look and stance is also mutch more to my liking all though I guess I will have to reconsidder the way I attack speedbumps from now on ;).
The front has dropped about 40mm and the rear about 20mm all though I guess it will be even a little bit lower after the new springs have settled in.

Pic 1: new stance
Pic 2: old rear ride height
Pic 3: old front ride heigt (was higher then the rear)
Pic 4: new rear ride height
Pic 5: new front ride height

My Panda have now 60.5 at the front and 62.5 at the rear with the Novitec's.
Not have had any weight in the back so far.

I like this, but they look hard to clean. Google Nilfisk conical wheel cleaning brusj. I think they are priceless!

Thanks. I also still like these wheels all though they are a bit of an acquired taste(y) I just stumbled upon them used and thought what the hell, lets try them.

They aren't that bad to clean with some special brushes. I use these two and they work pretty well. The wheels have held up pretty good this winter.
dunlop-wheel-brush-chenille.jpg

mantis_wheel_brush_ps_1.jpg

Last edited:
My Panda have now 60.5 at the front and 62.5 at the rear with the Novitec's.
Not have had any weight in the back so far.

It's real funny to see how low the car sits with three or four adults on board:D That's probably about the height we would like it to be at all the time:cool:
I did manage to completely loose the plastic strip/spoiler thingy that's mounted underneath at the back of the Panda's front bumper(with staples) ... Still not sure if I will put it back or not. They only cost about 13 euro's but don't know how I can staple it back without damaging the bumper.

Last edited:
Back