New purchases....

Currently reading:
New purchases....

I wouldn't run the 10 and 12 together, stick to just the 12s.

I'd also get an amp that can do 800wrms (ie, 400 each). That way you can be certain of giving them a minimum of 300w without the risk of clipping and maybe give them a wee bit more if your feeling :devil: They'll take a bit more than 300w so long as it's clean.

paulbfd said:
I wouldn't run the 10 and 12 together, stick to just the 12s.

Personally, this is what I would do.

paulbfd said:
]I'd also get an amp that can do 800wrms (ie, 400 each). That way you can be certain of giving them a minimum of 300w without the risk of clipping and maybe give them a wee bit more if your feeling :devil: They'll take a bit more than 300w so long as it's clean.

Problem is, there's not a 800WRMS amp within the £200 budget, unless you go second hand, I guess.

There's this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=3591&cadid=0ad6f933e6d87fe2164d77f26e9b70dc, 675WRMS @ 2 ohm, £200

There's also this, but I think its a tad overkill powerwise http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4132&cadid=ad748ed6e82d28bbfd4e2c5cae1589a7 1114 WRMS @ 2 ohm, £230.

EDIT: I found a 800WRMS @ 2 ohm amp, here http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2509.html It is £220, reduced from £260 The power was taken at 14.4V, so at 12V it should, I'm guessing it would produce 600W ish. Also, its 1 ohm stable.

You could get an Infinity amp http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2861.html, 657WRMS @ 2 ohm (14.4V), £210.

Last edited:
:D
:chin: If you're hell bent on having that 10" Infinity, then this is what I would do:

The 2 ohm Blaupunkt powering the 2 12s
The 75.2/75.4 powering the comps
The 10" powered by a 250-300 WRMS @ 2 ohm amp.

TBH, I can't see any way of having less than 3 amps for this system. If anyone knows different, by all means say so :)
If you had a 4 ohm SVC sub instead of the 4 ohm DVC, then you can use 2 amps - the Blaupunkt (2 12s) and the 75.4 (comps and 10" sub), for example

In answer to basically all of the above, i am going to buy myself 3 amps now, as yes i am hell bent on having the 10" as well. I was going to have two 10's to keep level decent bass and just 1 12 to provide the longer traveling deeper bass, but my friend is having this in his car. :eek: and i want to be at least, a bit individual.

You said, i cant really run the system on 2 amps unless i have the DVC amps, Could you explain this to me please? I would appreciate it, thankyou

punto_jr_sx75 said:
:D
.the longer traveling deeper bass,

You said it there, longer travelling bass.

What you'll end up with is "short" waves from the 10 and "long" waves from the 12s which could and most probably would muddle the sound.

It would be a lot neater, cheaper and easier to stick with the 2 12s.

At the end of the day though it's down to you.

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Could you explain this to me please? I would appreciate it, thankyou

You have 2 SVC subs and a DVC sub. It isn't possible to have these on the same 'circuit' hence, I don't think you can have the same amp powering them.

You can't run the 10" sub on the same amp as the components due to different impedances (comps show 4 ohm, the 10" sub shows 2 ohm). If the 10" sub was 4 ohm SVC, or 2 ohm DVC, it would be possible to run it so that that it'd show 4 ohms to the amp. That would mean that you could then have the comps and the 10" sub on the same amp - the JBL 75.4 would be perfectly suited for this.

So you need 3 amps in total:

1 running at 2 ohm, with sufficient power to run the 2 12s (2 4 ohm SVC)
1 running at 4 ohm, with sufficient power to run the components
1 running at 2 ohm, with sufficient power to run the 10" (1 4 ohm DVC).

No no, i appreciate the advice :) . I did consider teh diff frequencies from one of the threads you sent me, but i did also think if i set the 12's at lower hz, then the 10 at higher, it might work well, obviously not :eek:

So, if i now do not buy the 10, what options do i have left as i am buying a component set for the front door pods and only have one pre-out off my HD. I buy one amp for my 12's and another small one for my components and use split phonos BUT that means i cant manually adjust the bass/treble being sent forward :( which wouldnt work too well.

Any new advice :eek: on the basis of what to fill my boot with instead of just two 12's bearing in mind im bein an ars* and wanting to stay with infinity sound.

punto_jr_sx75 said:
No no, i appreciate the advice :) . I did consider teh diff frequencies from one of the threads you sent me, but i did also think if i set the 12's at lower hz, then the 10 at higher, it might work well, obviously not :eek:

So, if i now do not buy the 10, what options do i have left as i am buying a component set for the front door pods and only have one pre-out off my HD. I buy one amp for my 12's and another small one for my components and use split phonos BUT that means i cant manually adjust the bass/treble being sent forward :( which wouldnt work too well.

Any new advice :eek: on the basis of what to fill my boot with instead of just two 12's bearing in mind im bein an ars* and wanting to stay with infinity sound.

You could get amps that 'daisy chain', thereby linking both amps together - this is what I'm doing :)

Do you mean the HU equaliser? You could always get a standalone equaliser :)

And I'd keep it simple :)

RIGHT, SO,

Now, im just having the 2 12's and an amp showing as well as maybe a power cap in the future although i doubt i will be needing this. I am also having the component set and therefore only need around a 700watt RMS amp, and i will run the component set off just my head unit. :)

Although its not what i wanted initially, its something thats going to benefit me greater in the long run by only now having to buy one amp and i can start my build - I appreciate all the help guys and will be sure to report (y) .

Now.... what amp to choose........:p

punto_jr_sx75 said:
RIGHT, SO,

Now, im just having the 2 12's and an amp showing as well as maybe a power cap in the future although i doubt i will be needing this. I am also having the component set and therefore only need around a 700watt RMS amp, and i will run the component set off just my head unit. :)

Although its not what i wanted initially, its something thats going to benefit me greater in the long run by only now having to buy one amp and i can start my build - I appreciate all the help guys and will be sure to report (y) .

Now.... what amp to choose........:p

You don't need a powercap. Just do the big 3, and use 0 awg cabling for the amp :) Out of the amps in this thread, I would go for the Blaupunkt (y)
IMO you'll be selling the components short just running them off your HU.

Last edited:
chaos said:
You don't need a powercap. Just do the big 3, and use 0 awg cabling for the amp :) Out of the amps in this thread, I would go for the Blaupunkt (y)
IMO you'll be selling the components short just running them off your HU.

I am doing just that (the big 3 (y) ) . I am bidding on this at present as at the moment its cheap, i expect it to go for upwards of £50, but im bidding up to £40 with postage and i think these would run my components well do you think?

punto_jr_sx75 said:
I am doing just that (the big 3 (y) ) . I am bidding on this at present as at the moment its cheap, i expect it to go for upwards of £50, but im bidding up to £40 with postage and i think these would run my components well do you think?

Bidding on what? :p

Back