new phone

Currently reading:
new phone

yeah i know what you mean on customisation. It bugs the hell out of me tbh, they put so much effort into something which practically cripples the devices.

Best thing to do with it, is if you dont want the customisation, when you first boot it up, it should ask whether or not you want to set up for corporate or personal use (or at least they used to ask you). If you go corporate it cuts down on a lot of the crap, speeding up the device a helluva lot.

i havent phoned up yet,not on the coming soon list so doubt they will have prices
all i do is find the best online(non upgrade) price and haggle from there
Good idea.

I like the look of it, but is it more of a business phone?

well yes it has the features and functionality but has loads of 'mainstream features'
depends what you want?
still has the likes of a radio,mp3 playback,video etc
got wifi etc

Wait for the new iPhone, should have everything there baring radio. It 'should' get annouced tomorrow and there will be a 3G video camera on it amongst a few other things.

Plus the OS + Customisation should is solid. I'm waiting for WM 7 before trying anything windows mobile again... they still arent really made for finger usage, and styluses suck no matter how you look at it.

iphone= too expensive
regardless of how good it is it will be too costly for me
i havent paid for a handset in years

True, £270 for the phone alone is a bit of a ****.

Not to start a debate going but the iPhone is really dreadful for how much you pay, still works out at about £1000 for the contract term - this is fully Apple's fault by only allowing O2 to carry it/set their own special terms and conditions. In its defence, its interface is good, however given the new TouchFlo from HTC its getting some competition from WM devices.

Also with WM devices you have the flexibility of writing/running third party software that doesnt need to be vetted by anyone first. Also alows you to run satnav software on the device, unlike the iPhone which forces you to faff around with google maps.

Last edited:
MandaPanda:wave:, what network are you paying £35 a month to get the free internet on? I'm paying £35 a month on Orange.

Jon.

Hi Jon.

18 month Simplicity @ £35 a month

400 Any UK network/anytime minutes a month
500 UK messages a month
Free Voicemail
Cheap overseas calls & rates
1 free bolt on, choice of 7. I chose unlimited internet/handset browsing

And the phone was free too !

John

Hi Jon.

18 month Simplicity @ £35 a month

400 Any UK network/anytime minutes a month
500 UK messages a month
Free Voicemail
Cheap overseas calls & rates
1 free bolt on, choice of 7. I chose unlimited internet/handset browsing

And the phone was free too !

John

What network is that, O2?
If it is then theres something afoot - simplicity is a monthly contract (not 12/18 month), you dont get a phone, and for £30/month the simplicity contract is:

Key benefits:
1200 UK minutes and 1000 UK texts each month
Plus unlimited O2 to O2 calls Bolt On or change this for your choice of promotional Bolt On
Free voicemail and cheaper roaming rates with International Traveller Service (ITS)
Browse the internet on your mobile for up to £1 per day
Free itemised online billing

Alternatively, if your on an 18 month contract with O2 and free phone, you could be getting the following, as its the only £35/month tarriff O2 do at the moment

Key benefits:
600 UK minutes and 1000 UK texts each month
Plus unlimited O2 to O2 calls Bolt On or change this for your choice of promotional Bolt On
Free voicemail and cheaper roaming rates with International Traveller Service (ITS)
Browse the internet on your mobile for up to £1 per day
Free itemised online billing

Last edited:
Yeah it's on O2 Select. Basically got a good deal thu my work. Upgraded phone and £35 x 18 month contract.

Definately the deal I wrote up on thread - have just checked.

Not sure how they did it, but as it's a better deal than my old one i took it.

Glad to see Apple have finally caught up on the 'latest' technology. Whilst I'll admit it is a nice phone, and i probably wouldnt say no to a free one - they still only 'win' in the ergonomics department, but given HTC's improvements to the touch interface, LG's latest offering, and Samsungs, they are going to have to do a lot more to stay in the game.

I think what gets my wick the most about Apple is how they tout something as if it were new. A-GPS for example, I think nearly all HTC devices with GPS utilise the A technology. The ability to develop it as well really bugs me. The winner for WM devices is the ability to write home-brew applications and download the onto your device or upload them to a webstore, without having them vetted by Microsoft first, unlike Apple who insist developers must submit applications to them first before offering them for sale through Apple's own exclusive store.

Back