Technical New owner from Slovenia

Currently reading:
Technical New owner from Slovenia

I managed to replace brake pipes:) I also replaced master brake cilinder, pads, discs, drums, calipers and drum shoes. Front was easy, rear was PITA especially those spring clips.

The petrol tank was also refitted and engine started. It fired right up(y)

I am almost there but have some more questions:
1. How do you remove gearshifter knob?
2. There is one yellow/black wire near handbrake lever but no place to connect to?
3. Can you connect Multiecuscan to 1108 Fire engine and what info is available?
4. Throttle cable is a bit sticky. Can it be raplaced with bicyle breaks cable?
5. Removing steering wheel - there are two small bolts on back side. If I remove those should horn button just popout or something else?

Thanks, Gorazd

Panda is done:D
I went for a short ride and came back with big smile:D

PC040060.JPG

PC040068.JPG

There are some glitches to fix but nothing mayor. It idles like it is on verge of stalling but drives fine. There is also some noise when going up hill and accelerating hard and similar noise when you let go of gas pedal at speed. I am guessing it comes from prop shaft? First thing I have to do is change coolant because to my surprise it is pure water:eek:. I am so glad Panda was in heated garage or I would be looking for a new engine.

You should get a medal for endeavour from what you had its very impressive from the amount of corrosion the panda must have been regularly bathed in salt water ! Any clues from its previous owner may be a fisherman with a small boat ?? CARRY on PANDERING [emoji209][emoji1360]

Hi,
Well, I would say ,that if ever computer programming goes out of fashion, you'll still be able to make a good living. It's a pity you don't live round the corner !(y)

First snow of the season:) 4x4 drive works well.

P1150042 (2) (Medium).JPG

P1150043 (2) (Medium).JPG

P1150044 (2) (Medium).JPG

I also serviced running gear. New control arms, joints, driveshafts rubbers, modified tracking arm so it can be adjusted. Changed engine oil and filter twice in 300km to flush out old gunk. That really helped as it is runng much quieter now. Fitted new universal lambda sensor.

Changed gearbox oil with Mannol Universal Getriebeoel, 80W90. This oil is very cheap but no added sulphor and it transformed the gearbox to silky smoth(y)

Back