New neons

W

Will

Neons.jpg
[/IMG]

How did u wire them up chap ?
are they done with a switch connected?

Neons

The best way I did it was get the two wires and feed them through the firewall and them tap the positive into the headlight wire and then put the earth to the chassis in/under the bonnet and then when you turn your headlights on the neons will come on also. Or try and ask wimmy as he wired the neons to the cig lighter, which is easier but the same principle applys. Hope this helps.

Looks good, but can i ask why? I mean just, WHY? Whats the point?

Joske

It would have been a lot easier to attach it to cig lighter.

4 allen screw remove cig tray, strip a little off the cig wires and fasten.

replace cig tray and replace allen screws.

Took me 10 minutes that including finding a location, all the wiring, neatening it up and having a cup of hot tea.

BUT if they work and it looks good, doesnt matter how you got there :)

Very well done mate. Good job

NewSign2.jpg

"Old enough to know better, Young enough not to care"

or do as will did and get me to walk you through it ;)

Stu's basically described what I told him tho :)

Dan

torque.gif

Skate2create/D-Unit: Angeltuned Fiat Bravo 1.2 16v......LostInMyOwnWorld......

They look really good but I wouldnt go with that in my car :)

probably a Silly question okay but are In-car neons Elegal, as obviously I know Under-car Neons are???

technically yes, but you have them on a switch so you can turn them off. they are for off road use only, like undercar ones.

Dan

torque.gif

Skate2create/D-Unit: Angeltuned Fiat Bravo 1.2 16v......LostInMyOwnWorld......

All neons are a gray area when it comes to being legal or illegal.

Inside neons:- Are legal proving they can not distract other road users. So if you keep them out of view i.e: under the dash then they are legal. If they are somewhere like on your rof lining and can be seen out side then they are illegal.

Outside neons:- You are only suppose to see a certain light from a certain view on the car. White/yellow at front. Amber at side and red at rear. This is described as a light source so this is where you can get away with it.

This is still a grey area but if you place them so that you can not see any of the bars but only the light on the floor, then most police officers will let you pass.

They can pull you over and ask you to turn them off saying that they could be distacting other road users but you can't get done, ie fined or anything like that yet. I say yet as they are trying to change the law.

If they do ask you to turn them off just do it because if you say "no", even though theres nothing they can do about them, they could try and do you for something else.

I know this is long but should help you :)

NewSign2.jpg

"Old enough to know better, Young enough not to care"