hi im new

Currently reading:
hi im new

C

clare

Hi All im new to forum !
i got my yellow fiat bravo hlx t reg in aug and im havign some problems with the power ! need some advise if i can !
Does anyone know if there is a way to read fault codes if the ECU is locked? Diagnostics at the garage were unable to access it, or even if there is a way to unlock the ECU? I have an fuel injector light on and the car seems to be running on 3 cylinders. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

thanks
clare x

Hi, The injector light is basically the engine management light which could mean its one thing from a whole host of issues...

Most likely issues are...

1, If car feels like it is running on 3 it may be you have a faulty coil pack (common fault)... I found that if you have the car started and disconnect the coil packs one by one you will here a change in the sound of the engine or it may even stall... start left to right 1,2,3,4... if you disconnect one and nothin happens its that one thats dead going a scrappy and salvaging one whould be the cheapest option however may be hard to find...

2, Could be a faulty Injector

3, Failed MAF Sensor would also result in lack of power and this is really common..

No point with the fault code readers to read the ECU for fault diag depends on the connection if its OBD2 or two pin plugs however most garages have the diag machines and connections try another garage cost about £20-30 do not go to Fiat...

P010810_075601.jpg