General New glovebox quote

Currently reading:
General New glovebox quote

Hi, i'm taking my GPS into my local Fiat dealership to get my glovebox repaired after the locking mechanism jammed and the front handle snapped off.

I have been quoted about £120 for the total job? :confused:

Is that the going rate or are they taking the p**s?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah i've got that site on my fav. list but when I had a look at the glovebox i cant seem to see how to remove the lid

the handle is snapped off too :(

The £120 quoted was for parts + labour

Last edited:
First the locking mechanism was messing up and the thing wouldnt shut i managed to fix it for a few months then it went again a few days ago.

I didnt really pull it hard to open it it just fell of in my hands :(

Yes my glovebox handle snapped off over Xmas (the cold weather probably made the plastic very brittle, and if you look at the design of the handle you can almost see through the plastic, it's so thin).

I've repaired mine and reinforced it with some washers but not had the opportunity to refit it yet.

I shall try and source a spare in case this fails again (or I can't refit it)...

[UPDATE] Refitted repaired handle and spring. Is this what the SG site means by a "latch"? For nearly £20?

Last edited:
Awwww no :(
think mines got about another 2 years warranty so going to see if i can be cheeky and see if i can get it done for free! fingers crossed

If you cant then just buy the latch and come to the next meet in Yorkshire and I'll do it for you for a Pint of coke!

Its a five minute job and as long as you havent destroyed the glovebox door itself can be done (even with no handle) easily.

The glove box is very cheaply made compared to the Stilo although that is kind of unfair because the stilo has one of the best made interiors in any fiat, but i have to slam my GP glovebox to shut it and the handbook cant fit in it because its tiny!!! also why is there no decent pockets in the GP even the side pockets are c***!

Just wondering if you could look at my sisters GP. Exactly the same problem. Went to go in glovebox, the handle was at funny angle. Next thing I know it's in my hand and can't get in the glovebox.

Is there any meets near North Manchester, Burnley, Darwen or Bury area
(I'm in Bury & Huddersfield term times)

Back