New Fiat guy!

Currently reading:
New Fiat guy!

ElectricFiat

Hello all,

I’m a new guy, new to car projects and I decided to start with a Fiat. I’ve been taking care of my mom (Alzheimer’s) for 7 years and this summer, seeing the end in sight and the outrageous price of gas, I decided I’d convert a car to electric. When I started the research, I was seduced by the lines of the Italian cars. I thought about an Alfa, but I like the boxy 128s and I found a good one in Arizona. It’s a very rare 2-door. It needs rust repair, of course, and I have plans to do a full restore. Like, full restore. I’m also going to need to reinforce the body because I have a 300hp Tesla motor for it.

I’m looking for parts, of course, especially wheels and a 124 brake assembly to switch the front to discs. It’s also quite a challenge to find good suspension upgrades for the back wheels.

I’m also looking for a 600 with suicide doors. So if you know someone who has one moldering in their driveway and wants to unload it, I’m interested (for the right price). The few I’ve found, the deals have fallen apart just as I think I’m going to get it.

The idea is to take some time off to recover from taking care of mom and do a big project or two. And I’ll put in solar panels and a power wall, too. So I can drive for free. Haha…it will cost a lot to drive free.

Anyway, I live in Oakland, California and the more I learn about Fiats, the more I like them. Except when I’m trying to find wheels. ;-) Looking forward to learning a bunch of new stuff!

Josh

Back