The new guy needs advice..

Currently reading:
The new guy needs advice..

Hi to all who read this!
my name is ian turley,
And i like tuning cars.
There are several "Turleys Independent Tuning Solutions" cars roaming the uk.

Im new here, i joined because im looking for advice. I have a 1.2 pop 69hp (with the vvt) and i love it very much. But its too slow for me as standard, and i have been doing some intake and exhaust mods to make it a bit faster. They have worked!
But its not enough.
I plan to turbo or supercharger it sometime in the near future.
As with all my modifications
This will be done the cheapest and easiest way possible,
by me, myself,and I. 🤣
Im not aiming for anything extreme, just a bit of boost..

So i ask - do the parts from the 1.4 turbo fit on the 1.2 vvt head? (Such as turbo manifold, intake/throttle body,)

Please dont try and talk me out of it. I know what im doing. I also know its crazy.. but i have chosen crazy as my default setting 😂🤣

IF a turbo seems like it is too stressful i will just supercharge it with an amr 500.
or a rotax in place of the aircon compressor. I might even try ITB's instead,
i am as yet undecided.
Either way it is going to go faster wether it likes it or not!!!

Please dont say it will be cheaper to buy a tubo car either. Because if you think that you clearly underestimate just how "ghetto style" this is gonna be..

any advice is much appreciated.
and thankyou for reading my thread
👍

I wanted to say dont..... Nah only joking. How about a thread detailing your work I am sure you would get a great deal of interest.
🤔 Ok i could do that..
Its "ghetto as fu*k" though..
The facebook fiat groups
Told me that what i did would not make it faster and it would be slower now.
and then they got me banned from Facebook groups when i argued with them about it 🤣😂

Its basically -
a propper cold air intake.
A rear muffler delete, with a straight through muffler added in the centre of the car.
And one of them ecotek cb-26p boost valves. (Which is like a sports mode for it)

I tried to upload a video of it but the file was too large. 🙁

Keep taking the mushrooms!!🤣
My friend keeps telling me to try them.. but im psychotic and i have to take medication to keep me normal. So i dont think its a good idea...

So.. why do you say that?

I guess you're one of them "keep it standard" type people..

You're probably missing out on a lot of fun..

My friend keeps telling me to try them.. but im psychotic and i have to take medication to keep me normal. So i dont think its a good idea...

So.. why do you say that?

I guess you're one of them "keep it standard" type people..

You're probably missing out on a lot of fun..
Nothing like!! just appreciating your ideas and "wackyness" in my own (maybe ) humorous way!- like people whom tread there own path, sure it will be interesting and fun, look forwards to hearing more about it ,and more about your ideas and further contributions to the groups!👍
Being psychotic!? does that mean you have a racing license then!!"🤔🤪😅

Nothing like!! just appreciating your ideas and "wackyness" in my own (maybe ) humorous way!- like people whom tread there own path, sure it will be interesting and fun, look forwards to hearing more about it ,and more about your ideas and further contributions to the groups!👍
Being psychotic!? does that mean you have a racing license then!!"🤔🤪😅
Oh sweet!! You seem cool!
Yes its gonna be a crazy path im gonna take this 500 down. And i have been a part time mobile mechanic for years, so i fear no problems 😂🤣
The car is perpetually loaded with enough tools to fix its own clutch at the side of the road.. this makes it too slow and i aim to cure that!! I understand how to do it but i dont have too much cash, so im doing it ghetto style 🙂

Ok so -
Being psychotic, basically means im a bit of a - "total fu*king psychopath". But i dont like it, so i take meds that make me be nice and pleasant, just the way i like me to be...

For example, if i didn't take my meds for a month, i would likely start assassinating corrupt politicians at an alarming rate and end up in jail for it... And i dont want that, yet.

Imagine a stick of dynamite in a playground full of matches and curious children, and that stick of dynamite chose to live in the puddle so that it dont hurt anyone.

Thats basically me.. 🤣😂
Take that as you will.. 👍

I keep going too fast and falling off them.
So. I Got a fiat 500 1.2 to thrash about
😂🤣
Maybe youll end up going too fast it that as well! 👍, and if you want hand with the politicians let me know!.
psychotic dont worry me none-! for contrast my buddys call me "eccentric" and my nickname is Rasputin!! thats my personality references!
keep the posts coming!

Maybe youll end up going too fast it that as well! 👍, and if you want hand with the politicians let me know!.
psychotic dont worry me none-! for contrast my buddys call me "eccentric" and my nickname is Rasputin!! thats my personality references!
keep the posts coming!

keep the posts coming!
I like you already bro 🤣👍
Here is a pic of my sketchy intake mod -

Attachments

• IMG20240313121018.jpg
    IMG20240313121018.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG20240313121024.jpg
    IMG20240313121024.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 14
Oh sweet!! You seem cool!
Yes its gonna be a crazy path im gonna take this 500 down. And i have been a part time mobile mechanic for years, so i fear no problems 😂🤣
The car is perpetually loaded with enough tools to fix its own clutch at the side of the road.. this makes it too slow and i aim to cure that!! I understand how to do it but i dont have too much cash, so im doing it ghetto style 🙂

Ok so -
Being psychotic, basically means im a bit of a - "total fu*king psychopath". But i dont like it, so i take meds that make me be nice and pleasant, just the way i like me to be...

For example, if i didn't take my meds for a month, i would likely start assassinating corrupt politicians at an alarming rate and end up in jail for it... And i dont want that, yet.

Imagine a stick of dynamite in a playground full of matches and curious children, and that stick of dynamite chose to live in the puddle so that it dont hurt anyone.

Thats basically me.. 🤣😂
Take that as you will.. 👍
Make sure you fit load restraining straps and nets!!

Make sure you fit load restraining straps and nets!!
I did have some straps at first, but now, The tools are all wedged in place quite tightly. There is not much room to start with, and i used it all up! And my foam rubber mechanics mat holds it all still.
the boot only just shuts now. After a few slams 🤣

I like the pics!! 👍 it seems the "ghetto" theme extends to mechanical as well as cosmetic mods🤔 I expect the finished article to resemble a motorised atom-bomb!😂 just hope it dont go up the same way!😱🤯😉
🤣 I look after it too well for it to blow up just yet.. see, i use expensive oil so it can take the thrashings.. and i always let it warm up well first. And i use the good fuel too so it keeps everything clean in the combustion chamber..

It will be fine! 😂🤣
Cable ties last forever!! 🤣

that ecotek cb-26p is my favourite mod though. It robbs excess vacuum from the brake booster pipe to get more air in behind the throttle body, over a certain amount of vacuum that you set to be closed at tickover, and open when the vacuum rises at higher rpm.. and it puts a swirl on the air wich apparently helps with mixture saturation..

I have evil plans bro.
Like a full on, home made 2 Stage intake, and an adjustable pressure cat bypass pipe, so its ok for mot, but open over test rpm..

But a small turbo would put them all to shame if i can ever get it done easily, and it would be more likely to pass an mot. 🤣

🤣 I look after it too well for it to blow up just yet.. see, i use expensive oil so it can take the thrashings.. and i always let it warm up well first. And i use the good fuel too so it keeps everything clean in the combustion chamber..

It will be fine! 😂🤣
Cable ties last forever!! 🤣

that ecotek cb-26p is my favourite mod though. It robbs excess vacuum from the brake booster pipe to get more air in behind the throttle body, over a certain amount of vacuum that you set to be closed at tickover, and open when the vacuum rises at higher rpm.. and it puts a swirl on the air wich apparently helps with mixture saturation..

I have evil plans bro.
Like a full on, home made 2 Stage intake, and an adjustable pressure cat bypass pipe, so its ok for mot, but open over test rpm..

But a small turbo would put them all to shame if i can ever get it done easily, and it would be more likely to pass an mot. 🤣
All sounds good to me!- likewise I only ever use the best fuel and search out ESSO stations because there e5 fuel actually DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY ETHANOL! I can see the swirl being a good idea as id guess it helps the fuel atomise better!.

All sounds good to me!- likewise I only ever use the best fuel and search out ESSO stations because there e5 fuel actually DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY ETHANOL! I can see the swirl being a good idea as id guess it helps the fuel atomise better!.
Esso has no ethanol 🤔.
Sweet! Im going to Esso from now on then! Thanks bro 👍

That swirl thing adds 25- 30 imaginary horsepower!!!
Its well worth it!!

Suzuki used something they called "twin swirl combustion chambers" on some of there bikes ! so there must be something in it!:unsure:

Suzuki used something they called "twin swirl combustion chambers" on some of there bikes ! so there must be something in it!:unsure:
I think thats different bro.
I reckon That has something to do with having two places in the combustion chamber for the explosion to start.

Intake swirl is different
The theory goes like this -
the more twist there is on the air, the more densely it can be packed behind the closed valve, so it kinda springs/spins out from behind the valve when it opens a little bit better/faster than it would have without the swirl.

So like, this means the twist helps to get a tiny bit more air in the cylinder, and apparently the swirl also helps the fuel settle in to the air a bit better.

But more to the point,
with that ecotek cb-26p boost valve,
Whenever you are thrashing it, it lets extra air in that is not going through the throttle plate, effectively, increasing your potential maximum air flow .

Back