New fiat 124 spider

Currently reading:
New fiat 124 spider

Seen so many "spy shots" and artists impressions of my new 124 Spider, I don't know what to think! Not keen on the image above...too much like a chunky Merc rear end. Anyway if they bring out a convertable version of the 500...it's dead in the water. Quite an important car for Fiat, let's hope they get it right.

The front of the car looks really good, like a cross between the old 124 and a barchetta

s124-spider-web.jpg

But yeah, the chunky rear spoils it's good looks slightly. I'm going to have to keep searching for my mid-life crisis car :lol:

Nope, doesn't do it for me. I liked the front concept that I posted in the last page but the reality is it's more aggressive looking and quite chunky. Perhaps it'll grow on me but for now I'm disappointed

Like a mini Dodge Viper for me, even some Mustang in there. Might be aimed at the American market but making it look like a small cross of these 2 cars is hardly a bad thing, it's like trying to insult someone by saying they look like Cara Delevingne... yes her eye brows are a bit mental but she's a bloody model and still fit! :D

:lol:

I understand what you're getting at but for me that's what I would have expected from the Abarth version - great looking but still quirky and very, very fiesty. Whereas I expect the Fiat 124 to be classically beautiful like Audrey Hepburn/Natalie Portman with a hidden kick underneath.

Which leaves me wondering what the Abarth will actually look like...

Have seen a few renders of an Abarth version. It looks very good... If it isn't much quicker than my 180 Comp it will likely be 2018/2019 before I look into one! If it has 200 bhp and a sub 6s 0-62s time... well we have a lovely competizione for sale people in immaculate condition! ;)

It’s 139mm longer and 10m wider than the car its based on,

Bloody hell, is it even allowed on UK roads :eek:h: :lol:

I'd be interested to see a proper side-by-side comparison of it with the MX-5 both in looks and spec

Back