Top Gear tests the new 120bhp 500L

Currently reading:
Top Gear tests the new 120bhp 500L

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/fiat-500-l-new-engines-beats-edition-car-review-2014-02-14

It's a typical TG review with a wee bit of humour interspersed amongst just enough info to keep the car enthusiasts happy but not enough to overwhelm those who just want the basics. New 120bhp engines in both petrol and diesel format with the diesel being the 1.6 "multijet II" one. I'm curious as to what's different in the multijet II compared with my 1.6 mjet apart from the less torque and slightly slower 0-60 time that is

Finally the last paragraph was of interest as despite not being that popular in the UK it appears they are doing very well in Europe.

Anything else of note?
This Fiat 500L monstered its home market in Italy last year, taking a whopping 40.9 per cent share of its segment. It was also the top seller in Europe too, taking a 17.2 per cent share, and nearly half of all customers picked the top spec one. A fitting time then, to note that the ‘Beats' Edition Fiat 500L will cost a not inconsiderable €22,810. While no UK price has been confirmed, that's... a lot of money.
Here's a final bit of news to warm the heart then: the Panda - a TG fave - is still Italy's biggest-selling car and the second biggest-selling motor in Europe. This is because the Fiat Panda is excellent. In fact, just go and buy one of those instead of this 500L.

You can tell I'm not fussed about the "Beats" edition can't you :laugh:

I never knew about this episode! Will definitely try and catch it now

Back