New Fiat 500 due in 2016

Currently reading:
New Fiat 500 due in 2016

imported_richard33dees

Established member
Evening all, Auto Express have Exclusively announced there is to be a new model FIAT 500 due for sale in 2016. Big news considering the majority of news FIAT related has been of the merger with Chrysler over the past few months/years.

fiat_500_front_0.jpg

fiat_500_rear.jpg

These images pulled from the Auto Express website show their artist impression of "insider information". Not a huge move away from the current styling in my opinion with some hints of the latest rendition of the new VW Beetle. Exterior wise, the car will be longer and wider to benefit the US market which is particularly strong at the present time. Given that these pictures suggest to me even less head room in the rear, it will be good to see how much there is once it is released.

Looking at the interior, as with all newer model cars, buttons/switches have been replaced with a mid mounted touch screen system. No doubt their will be an apps available to improve the standard set up. Given that there has just been a 500L Beats edition launched, expect a "Beats by Dre" audio upgrade to be included in options brochure.

fiat_500_interior.jpg

As suggested by Auto Express in their article, a larger 5 door with 500 styling will be introduced next year to replace the current Punto expanding the "500 Family" seven models, 500, 500C, 500L, 500MPW, 500X? 500 5dr? and Abarth 500. Not quite sure myself how another 5 door, 500 styled car will fit in between the 3dr 500 and 5dr 500L but will be interesting to see what FIAT come up with.

With award winning eco power trains in the form of TwinAir, MultiAir and MultiJet, all the current range of engines should be present in the launch models, although there maybe a bit of tweaking in the meantime to stay ahead of the competition.

Auto Express suggest an entry level price of £10k to keep it just below the competition. Given the high level of the competition, would this be you first choice of new super mini?

Pictures and original story can be read over on Auto Express

Eklipze3k kindly popped up a link to the proposed 5dr 500 on Facebook, here Auto Express have given another Exclusive article.

Gotta say am quite taken by this 5dr version as I was never a fan of the Punto, except the Abarth cos everyone loves an Abarth

Welcome back Rich and please don't leave it so long as I'm crap at covering the news*

However I would add there is quite a bit of debate over on FF as to how reliable this report from AE is. Watch this space I guess

*and lazy. Don't make me do any more work than I have to lol

Harper said:
Welcome back Rich and please don't leave it so long as I'm crap at covering the news*

However I would add there is quite a bit of debate over on FF as to how reliable this report from AE is. Watch this space I guess

*and lazy. Don't make me do any more work than I have to lol

yes i need to do more play less work lol. will have to back up to speed with things.

Eklipze3k pretty much said the same thing on FB, thought since this story was plastered over the cover of AE I'd best get something posted up being a new year in all, plus as mentioned it's something better than the finance nonsense.

Back