General New Family Member !

Currently reading:
General New Family Member !

Panda Van

Is all gone square shaped
After seeing this advertised on FMC forum, I went to go and have a look. It was love at first sight as it is the same colour as my first ever panda who later evolved in to the purple peril track car.
I payed £1 for the car and donated £50 to the local church that need a new organ. So for £51 i feel I have a bargain ! Its a really solid car for a D reg, far too good to break for bits, so the plan is to turn it in to a street screamer, with full roll cage, tuned engine ect, y' know what i mean ! It will be in the spirit of 'purple peril' who sadly is now too far gone to rescue :(
So watch this space !
Meanwhile prep is frantic on baz getting him ready for the NEC, I've got a new old stock bonnet for him, and his wheels are off at the powder coaters, being coated in lairy metalflake gold! He looks so odd on stock steel wheels, its like he's had four space savers fitted to him !
Attatched is some pics of the new purchase and a pic of baz on his dodgy steelies !

Attachments

• 100_2094.JPG
    100_2094.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 100_2097.JPG
    100_2097.JPG
    773.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_2098.JPG
    100_2098.JPG
    936.2 KB · Views: 98
How can you forget, I remember it giving the Cinqs a run for their money on the track at Brooklands in 1998 or 99? Heres the only pics Ive got, not the best Im afraid as non are just of it, and the one with my 126 I had to blow up loads!

Attachments

• purple2.jpg
    purple2.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 67
  • purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
WOW Cant believe those pics, theres a blast from the past !!! The 126 was mine too !
Cant get over how young and thin I look !
Any idea what year that was ??

Cant believe there someone on here thet remembers it !!!:eek:

I remember the Peril too. I parked my Panda next to it at Burringham when the FMCGB national weekend was hosted by Mal Nicholson at Trentside Classics. 1998 I believe.

The Panda I had then was white with green doors and green and white striped bonnet and wings. The mobile pacer mint :D

This thread sparked me in to posting pictures of the peril as he is now :-(
Y' can see what im up against, i've had him 14 years now !

Attachments

• 100_1443.JPG
    100_1443.JPG
    768 KB · Views: 30
Not sure yet, the peril had the 1242 with a carb setup thet I made up. It'll probably be along the same lines, it'll be easier now as theres so many more choices than there were when i first built up the peril, and much more available for panda's, like uprated suspension and brakes ect, before I had to have it specially made or pilfer it from scrap yard cars !
I know this time to make the shell stronger than before and put in a roll cage to put up with extra power, I think the power contributed to the peril's demise due to extra forces on the shell.
I'll post the build up when I start doing it !(y)

Back