New computer... Yay... Problems... Doh!

Currently reading:
New computer... Yay... Problems... Doh!

arc said:
your case can't be below ambient temp, unless you have peltier effect cooling going on in there! (or phase change..)

dunno :eek:

just know what Motherboard monitor tells me :p

but that is on a oft-dropped all in one tyre gauge ;) it could be minus something for all i know :p

Here are some before pics...

blue_fan.JPG

My_PC.JPG

drain and filling point. i was using watercooling long before you could buy pre designed kits. random bits of pipe, heater matrix, waterblock imported from the states and fish tank pump (y)

Hellcat said:
Nice. I experimented with water cooling in my server... used a home made waterblock and a novelty 'forever flowing tap' as a pump, reservoir and evaporative cooler :D

one of them ones where you spray the water down a large tube, same way cooling towers work?

evap style things were all the rage for a while, although they did need costant topping up, and it was a good idea to run anti-fungus stuff in there as well to stop mould!
Mine just used a heatermatrix from a mini.

DJ Binks said:
Call that a mess? ;)

This is just a cheap case...

Inside:

DSCF0290.JPG

DSCF0293.JPG

Front:

DSCF0294.JPG

edit: nice and dusty too!

My case is very similar to yours - but I don't have any front vents :mad: I'll just have to improvise :rolleyes: :D Bet your case wasn't as cheap as mine :p

chaos said:
My case is very similar to yours - but I don't have any front vents :mad: I'll just have to improvise :rolleyes: :D Bet your case wasn't as cheap as mine :p

How much was yours?

Mine was £15 with a 120mm fan :D

DJ Binks said:
How much was yours?

Mine was £15 with a 120mm fan :D

10 quid from a local computer shop :p Didn't have a 120mm fan................but then again, I don't have the space for one, or room for an adaptor :)

Back