New computer... Yay... Problems... Doh!

Currently reading:
New computer... Yay... Problems... Doh!

serin said:
but then you end up with all the cables smooshed together untidily :p

As i said before, you cant see it cause the window sits against a wall ;)

From the front it looks alot better....

Attachments

• DSC01783.JPG
    DSC01783.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 14
Here is mine, fresh pics ;)

PC3.JPG

PC1.JPG

PC2.JPG

I always did mean to tidy up the inside :eek: but it needs a slight rebuild now; I currently have 2 * 120Gb SATA drives in a RAID array, but these are becoming my slaves, and am installing a 160Gb ATA-133 Maxtor boot drive [you can see this already in, top drive out of the 3 on the right] , partitioned for windows and installs. Plus today I purchased this :D to keep all my music/videos and pictures on [paid extra for firewire/USB2 connection] - you reckon 700Gb of total storage is enough? :chin:

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
@ Serin, the IDE cable is too short to support two drives at the top due the case being tall and the MOBO Connections are at the bootom of the case.

@ Stu, you case is similar to mines, do the HDD's and opticals slide out on rails?

How does the external HDD get powered?

Liam

bloomfieldliam said:
@ Stu, you case is similar to mines, do the HDD's and opticals slide out on rails?

How does the external HDD get powered?

Liam
Yep, it is a Thermaltake case, so all the bays are on sliders, no screwing necessary.

The external gets powered by a PSU, not powered from the PC itself. I tried to spec up the HDD and caddy separately, but the cost-saving was minimal.

This reminds me, I am running my monitor and the tower on a UPS, but I need to make up an adaptor so that I can plug in things like the new external into it, just in case....

I now officially own a modded case :D It's cut a few degrees off both CPU and case temp as well, so well worth it (y) :) However, I broke the one of the connections to my case power LED so it doesn't light up :( Nothing that 5 minutes with an iron and sone leccy tape can't fix :rolleyes:

Back