Technical New car, many small anoying problems

Currently reading:
Technical New car, many small anoying problems

andreiu18

Hi guys, I just bought a 2008 1.4 100hp Fiat 500 and I am so glad i did that but it came with a few problems and i really dont find anything helpful online so I am asking here.
My odomoter feels like it isnt working properly like it doesnt count kilometers corectly and i dont know what to do, and so i cant rely on my trip computer for fuel consumtion or anything else, and I get kind of a bad fuel consumtion like 3 quarters of a tank in 200-300 km aprox. Then is a problem with the windshield liquid that doesnt come on the rear window and i dont know how to acces that nozzle to investigate the situation.
Anyone who knows something about any of these problems please?

Welcome, the rear washer, can you hear the pump run when you operate the washer? I bet you can as its actually the same single pump check behing the drivers seat that the carpet is not wet as it can fail in this area. The flexible is known to have problems going into the rear hatch, it's possible someone has poorly repaired it and either the pipe is blocked or disconnected?
Are the wheels standard? You could zero the trip and drive a known distance to check or follow a friend and compare then at least you'll know if it's accurate?

Yeah with the rear nozzle problem, it's not wet behind the seat so I guess it's been disconnected in the tailgate but i don't know how to acces it. And with the wheels situation they are stock but i will try your suggestion. But what about that high fuel consumption? And what petrol should I get in the car, 95 or 100 octanic number?

It's been suggested cleaning the maf sensor helps the running and mpg though I've not done ours 09 car if you run the pump does any water run out of strange places ?
Also new plugs air filter and oil change may help?

Last edited:
I just changed the spark plugs and the coils for those but the filters and oils not yet. But i don't know I searched about the MAF sensor but i get only results for map sensor on fiat 500. What s the deal?

Hi guys, here is an update. I've changed the air filter and the MAP sensor and it seems to be a bit better. I feel that the car is running smoother than before but idk about the fuel economy. Tomorrow I will go to a "fiat master" mechanic to see what s wrong with the car. Wish me luck :)

Hi guys, I just bought a 2008 1.4 100hp Fiat 500 and I am so glad i did that but it came with a few problems and i really dont find anything helpful online so I am asking here.
My odomoter feels like it isnt working properly like it doesnt count kilometers corectly and i dont know what to do, and so i cant rely on my trip computer for fuel consumtion or anything else, and I get kind of a bad fuel consumtion like 3 quarters of a tank in 200-300 km aprox. Then is a problem with the windshield liquid that doesnt come on the rear window and i dont know how to acces that nozzle to investigate the situation.
Anyone who knows something about any of these problems please?

Does your car run okay, or is it lumpy or misfiring?

If the car runs fine but the odometer isn't going round consistently then there could be a faulty sensor on the gearbox (or the wiring/connector could be dirty or loose). Try the same trip every day (e.g. going to you work) but record the mileage each day. It should be the same.

Ralf S.

Hello again everyone :)) . Another day another problem(s). I tried to start the car and it didn't. It tried to spin the engine but it didn't and after I gave it a bit of gas when trying to start it did but then for a few minutes it ran roughly with the check engine light on. Then the light turned of and the car ran again smoothly. The second problem is that the passenger door doesn't lock always anymore. It sounds like the motor inside the door is dying slowly when I lock the vehicle.

:)) well he said that I should leave the car for one day at his garage to diagnosticate the kilometers problem and that I should change the distribution asap

Back