NEW C4 comercial....

Currently reading:
NEW C4 comercial....

Haven't seen the ad, but I think that the C4 coupe looks awesome :D Shame there's not a properly quick version (quickest one will be a VTS with the 180bhp engine fron the 206GTi, apparently). They should take a leaf out of Renault's book with the Clio V6, and stuff a large V6 in the boot :cool:
Still, its good to see that Citroen has gone from producing miserable cheapo nasty sheds (BX, AX, Saxo, Xsara, etc etc) to making cars that people might actually buy because they like them, rather than for the cashback and free insurance deals. I'd actually rather have a C2 than the current version of the Punto :eek:

Misaligned- I think they guy must of sneezed when designing it :D

Although digimods one looks v.nice but then he can make any car look nice.Lol

But hey each to their own (y)

I think the C2 looks like a Kia Picanto with 3 doors and a window problem. The C4 doesn't look bad, but duff name, when I saw the thread I thought, they can't be advertising plastic explosives.

The usual problems with Citroen's have been build quality in the cabin and that oh so wonderful pneumatic suspension, don't know anything about the C4 to comment on the quality or the suspension, but if both problems are gone I'm sure it will be an interesting proposal for some people.

Neo, some say that the susp. is the best thing about Citroens, the fact is it's smooth as anything! It wasn't on the xsara though so I don't expect it's on the C4.

I love the name c4.

mase_abarth said:
P.S

can anyone find out wat song is being played?

i need a copy of that as well haha, awesome tune.
i hope this helps

citroen_c4_13_11_04.jpg
How do you make a car dance? Hire hit making superstar Justin Timberlake’s choreographer, Marty Kudelka, cyber scan a brand new Citroen C4 using lasers to create a perfect 3D model and spend two months using the latest film industry animation techniques as used by the likes of Pixar to create a car/transformer with all the right moves.
The resulting 30 second TV commercial was conceived by the Citroen creative team at agency Euro RSCG’s London office, produced by Spy Films in Toronto, with animation undertaken by Vancouver based post production vfx house, the Embassy.

Set to Jacques Your Body (make me sweat) by electronic dance-pop outfit, Les Rythmes Digitales, Marty Kudelka, with motion sensors placed all over his body to record every move, did 30 separate takes of the dance, one of which is faithfully reproduced by the car/transformer.

"It was certainly an unusual challenge. I tried to imagine myself as a robot with mechanical movements to capture how it would realistically move, which parts would bend and overlap, and then simply let myself go. Effectively, I became a transformer, listened to the music and let the dance flow," said Mr Kudelka.

The animation team, under director Neill Blomkamp of Spy Films, who was acknowledged at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival as best up and coming non-European director, then worked flat out to create a transformer with the moves. "Building a transformer which could believably move like a dancer was the ultimate challenge," said Blomkamp.

"The Citroen C4 is a car which really stands out from the crowd, and it demands an advertising approach which really drives this home as well as leaving the viewer in no doubt that this is the most technologically advanced car in its class. In fact you could say this car is alive with technology," said Alain Favey, Managing Director of Citroen UK Ltd.

C4 will be available in choice of 13 hatchback and nine coupe models and features advanced technologies such as digital read outs for driver information, fixed centre steering wheel with multi function controls, a lane departure warning system, a programmable speed limiter and even an on-board air freshener system enabling owners to vary the scent in the car to suit their mood.

The commercial breaks on Britain’s TV screens on November 15th, the Citroen C4’s UK on-sale date, and the multi million pound campaign runs right through to the end of December.

Last edited:
Back