General New addition to the fiat family.

Currently reading:
General New addition to the fiat family.

Here are the pictures after i drove it back home :). Its in very good order, and the van drives very nicely. Best of all it came with over half a tank of diesel (y)

Attachments

• DSC00454.JPG
    DSC00454.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC00455.JPG
    DSC00455.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hellcat said:
Well that can knock another £20 off the sale price! I'll give you a call next time I want a car - you seem to be in the mood for great deals!

I seem to be good at finding cheap cars and vans. I found a T reg Ford fiesta 1.25 LX for my eldest sister a couple of weeks ago with 55000 miles, FSH, air con, twin airbags, in mint condition for £1200 which is about £600 below book (y)

Alan.D said:
Diesel's have to have excellent batteries due to the way they work on compression, also do you wait for the glow plug warm up light to out before starting?

The handbrake won't be a problem new cable or shoes at most.

I have just had a quick look at the handbrake, and its not connected to anything :eek:, and i do wait for the diesel light to go out, but it wont start (no clicks and not turning over). i was also going to change the timing belt but its £54 :(

It turns out it wasnt the starter motor, but a wire that had come loose :), but now i need your help again. I would have put this question in the fiorino section but nobody seems to go in there :(, plus i trust you lot more (i must be mad).

I am having trouble taking the rear brake drums off the fiorino. I have taken the disc positioning screws out, but there seems to be a slight lip to the part arrowed (see pic) so i cant take the drums off. can someone please help me, as i think the shoes are in a bad way :(.

Attachments

• DSC00456.JPG
    DSC00456.JPG
    511.1 KB · Views: 12
I doubt very much that the problem is with the lip, it's more likely to be the shoes possibly loose inside that's holding the drum in position. Is there an inspection hole from the other side to have a look or possibly adjust the shoes in if that's a possibility with their type.

Alan.D said:
I doubt very much that the problem is with the lip, it's more likely to be the shoes possibly loose inside that's holding the drum in position. Is there an inspection hole from the other side to have a look or possibly adjust the shoes in if that's a possibility with their type.

Just to clarify - the drums spin freely with the handbrake off. I think it has an inspection hole near the drum positioning hole (see pic), but there isnt a hole around the back of the drum :(

christopher watson said:
It turns out it wasnt the starter motor, but a wire that had come loose :), but now i need your help again. I would have put this question in the fiorino section but nobody seems to go in there :(, plus i trust you lot more (i must be mad).

I am having trouble taking the rear brake drums off the fiorino. I have taken the disc positioning screws out, but there seems to be a slight lip to the part arrowed (see pic) so i cant take the drums off. can someone please help me, as i think the shoes are in a bad way :(.

What can happen is that the shoes wear the lining inside the drum, and that leaves a 'lip' on the back edge which causes the shoes to catch on the drum as you try to remove it.

Have you tried levering it off? Get two big flat bladed screwdrivers, and position them at opposite ends of the drum (between the edge of the drum and backing plate). Sometimes you have to be a bit brutal and really use some pressure as you lever it.

I take it the drums are actually moving just a little bit as you try and pull them off? If it's completely jammed onto the hub (the part you arrowed), there could be rust between the hub centre and the centre of the drum. Wire brush and penetrating oil could help here, and you could carefully tap the drum with a hammer near the centre to try and break the seal caused by rust.

Good luck!

We have tried levering the drum off, and it moves out a fair bit, but just wont come off. Also the handbrake actuator moves with the brake drum when trying to take the drum off. All of these problems are on BOTH back wheels of the van

Back