General New Abarth Grande punto

Currently reading:
General New Abarth Grande punto

andyf1234

Hey I was thinking of getting a 59 plate abarth punto its only 153 bhp what is the way to go about modding it currently have a mapped 1.9 gp so would like power first but thought I'd ask cause you'd all know more that me thanks

Just buy one with an essesse kit. Personally dont see the point in getting the standard one but thats just my oppinion.

I already have a red Mjet and the only essesse o as for sale atm with that on is red and dont want same coupler tbh and there coming up like a extra 2000 pound

The problem with the non essesse is you have different internals and a smaller turbo so your never gunna get a huge amount more power out of it unless you change both of them. By which point you may as well have bought the essesse. Just my way of thinkim but if you want a car to modify then yh go for the standard and you can have something a little more unique.

The IHI turbo in the AGP is max rated to about 180bhp. The upated Garret that comes standard with the Esseesse, along with all hosing and internals ect, is rated to about 220bhp. After that your into the more serious side of modding the engines output, ie forged internals.

Save money and get an Esseesse, you won't regret it! I recently bought one :p

As for the difference.... the AGP/SS has fantastic brakes compared to the standard sporting, wider track/more grip and less of a heavy diesel engine in the front of it, so will handle better also.

Completely different power delivery as well due to the difference in petrol/diesel...

same gearbox....

As for the difference.... the AGP/SS has fantastic brakes compared to the standard sporting, wider track/more grip and less of a heavy diesel engine in the front of it, so will handle better also.

Completely different power delivery as well due to the difference in petrol/diesel...

same gearbox....

Not sure the gearbox is the same .....

Yh was gunna say cuz if you get an AGP gear box in thr diesel itl only go loke 90 mph :L

Engine wise, SS vs Abarth:

Turbo
Injectors together with fuel rail
Exhaust (downpipe namely)
ECU (Basicly different map)
Intake pipe

Everything else is the same :)

Last edited:
Hopefully picking one up this weak thanks for advice guys just wondering what sort of rpm are people genarly driving then to bef or changing gear

Back