General Abarth Grande punto essessee?

Currently reading:
General Abarth Grande punto essessee?

Scott21

hi there, I'm just curious about my new car. I bought Grande punto recently, supposedly an essesse however the v5 is incorrect in its power and nowhere does it mention essesse.

When it was bought new in 2008 it was called a essesse on the deposit receipt. I was hoping someone might enlighten me as to why my car is registered as a standard Grande punto when this doesn't appear to be the case?

I thought about getting it tested on a dyno to see what the map was, if indeed it has one at all as it should. I don't know if there is an easier way to figure this out

I'm also young and its only my second car so I wouldn't be able to tell the 30hp difference between the maps even if it were obvious speed or drive wise.

I would much appreciate any help in figuring this out

The essesse was a bolt on kit that they sold and fitted in dealerships, basically you bought a standard car and big wooden crate with abarth logos all over he outside and abarth bits on the inside. The dealer would fit all the bits to the car and that would be the upgrade to the essesse spec, so all essesse cars are standard Abarth Grande Puntos.

I think standard they were 155bhp ? And with the upgrade they were 180hp which is quite a lot for a little car you maybe not feel it in every day driving but you’d notice if you went up against something with similar power

hi there, I'm just curious about my new car. I bought Grande punto recently, supposedly an essesse however the v5 is incorrect in its power and nowhere does it mention essesse.

When it was bought new in 2008 it was called a essesse on the deposit receipt. I was hoping someone might enlighten me as to why my car is registered as a standard Grande punto when this doesn't appear to be the case?

I thought about getting it tested on a dyno to see what the map was, if indeed it has one at all as it should. I don't know if there is an easier way to figure this out

I'm also young and its only my second car so I wouldn't be able to tell the 30hp difference between the maps even if it were obvious speed or drive wise.

I would much appreciate any help in figuring this out

The quickest way to tell is look under the bonnet - you should have a Garrett turbocharger rather than the IHI unit from the standard 155

Back