500 New 500S ordered!

Currently reading:
500 New 500S ordered!

Thanks for the info and I should know, i own a classic mini :)

Can someone tell me what sunroof options there are for a new sport? I have sat in a lounge at the dealer, still cant find a sport :mad:, and it had a conventional sun roof (the size of a food tray i would say :p). My understanding of the options for 500s are:
  • No sun roof at all (all metal)
  • Food tray shape/size sunroof
  • fixed glass (extends from normal window further back)
  • and one which ive seen where the whole glass roof slides back
Are the last two the same? :S

Like I said earlier seriously considering the black roof/spoiler combo but i assume opting for a sunroof option would prevent me from having them painted?

Last edited:
There are two:

- the fixed one which from the outside covers the whole width of the car and 2/3 of the roof front to back, but which is smaller from the inside (what you mean by "food tray" I suspect)

- the opening one.

Hello

I ordered my Fiat 500 S in tech house grey in February and it finally arrived this week. I picked it up yesterday from Windsors Fiat in Heswall on the Wirral and it is fantastic. I part exchanged my 2010 white Fiat 500 Lounge 1.2 and the difference in the pick up and speed is fabulous. I actually live near Derby now but I am from the Wirral and having received such good service from the Windsors garage I just had to go back for another deal. It would seem a fair few of you live in Chester where I lived for a while until recently.....perhaps when I'm back visiting friends I'll see some of you driving about in your new cars. :)

Hello

I ordered my Fiat 500 S in tech house grey in February and it finally arrived this week. I picked it up yesterday from Windsors Fiat in Heswall on the Wirral and it is fantastic. I part exchanged my 2010 white Fiat 500 Lounge 1.2 and the difference in the pick up and speed is fabulous. I actually live near Derby now but I am from the Wirral and having received such good service from the Windsors garage I just had to go back for another deal. It would seem a fair few of you live in Chester where I lived for a while until recently.....perhaps when I'm back visiting friends I'll see some of you driving about in your new cars. :)

What engine is in your 500S? Have you gone for the twinair? Just wondered as you mention the difference between the new one and the previous 1.2?

What engine is in your 500S? Have you gone for the twinair? Just wondered as you mention the difference between the new one and the previous 1.2?
Sorry what a twonk....yes it's a twinair. I'd tried to read as much as I could before ordering but I didn't bother going for a test drive as I knew it'd be better than my 1.2. I can't believe that much performance comes from such a tiny engine.

Sorry what a twonk....yes it's a twinair. I'd tried to read as much as I could before ordering but I didn't bother going for a test drive as I knew it'd be better than my 1.2. I can't believe that much performance comes from such a tiny engine.

Its great that you like it as the Twinair seems to polarise people, they either love it or hate it. When I test drove my Abarth I also drove a normal 500 with the twinair just to see what it was like. I didnt really like it and felt like if I looked under the bonnet there wouldnt be anything in there, it felt so light after the Abarth! Also have driven a Mito with the Twinair and wasnt too taken with that either. Will you be posting any pics of the car?

Its great that you like it as the Twinair seems to polarise people, they either love it or hate it. When I test drove my Abarth I also drove a normal 500 with the twinair just to see what it was like. I didnt really like it and felt like if I looked under the bonnet there wouldnt be anything in there, it felt so light after the Abarth! Also have driven a Mito with the Twinair and wasnt too taken with that either. Will you be posting any pics of the car?

I think if you were after an abarth then the twin air was never going to cut the mustard. Personally after driving the twin air I was never going to buy a 1.2 which is much the same as your reaction to the twin air.

I think if you were after an abarth then the twin air was never going to cut the mustard. Personally after driving the twin air I was never going to buy a 1.2 which is much the same as your reaction to the twin air.

I know what you're saying as I did go specifically for the Abarth but I could have been swayed had I liked the twin enough. I still prefer the 1.2 in the standard 500. It suited the car and the economy was easy to achieve. The twinair was better in the mito when it had the DNA set on dynamic though.

You know i'll be honest with you. I may have the 1.4 NA, but after driving the 1.2 and the TA there really isn't much difference in it, and I'd probably get the 1.2 if I had to choose between TA and 1.2!

We have the 1.2 and TA and I can tell you that there is quite a big difference. The 1.2 feels very 'flat' compared to the TA which feels like its got a lot more 'punch' even though the engine is smaller.
As far as economy goes, the only way to achieve more mpg in the TA than 1.2 us to drive it very carefully indeed. In practice, it's not quite as good mpg as 1.2 if you use it 'normally'.

New to the forum, but reading everyone's posts have been a great help, so thank you all!!

We just ordered our new 500s in crossover black and are now ready for the hefty wait, but can't be more excited.

Feeling now we should have added the tomtom predisposition and ordered a blueandme tomtom. Has anyone else added this? Is it worth it??

Thanks again all!

New to the forum, but reading everyone's posts have been a great help, so thank you all!!

We just ordered our new 500s in crossover black and are now ready for the hefty wait, but can't be more excited.

Feeling now we should have added the tomtom predisposition and ordered a blueandme tomtom. Has anyone else added this? Is it worth it??

Thanks again all!

For £50 i would say yes. B&me TT is expensive but you may still be able to get the discontinued go live 1000 if you wanted something a little cheaper. In the US you can no longer get the port.

If you've only placed your 500 order a matter of days ago then it'll probably still be at the 'heavy variability' stage in Fiats order system, meaning you can still make quite significant changes to the order. Therefore, it should be possible for you to add the TomTom port without any trouble. Once it moves up the order system then such changes won't be possible.

If it's been discontinued on 500's for the USA then I suspect they're soon to get the new touchscreen stereo in the 500L which is also about to make its debut in the Alfa MiTo - I think Fiat are phasing out Blue&Me with each model revision they carry out from now on. Obviously on some models like the recent Panda, that could be quite a while before any changes come through!

Thanks again all!

Welcome not just to the Forum, but to the "500 S in Crossover Black" Club (y) We ordered ours back in February and 11 and half weeks later was delivered. We added - 16" Alloys, Interscope HiFi, Xenons, Front Fogs, Chromatic Mirror and as mentioned by Liam, we too added another option (Rear Parking) a week after we ordered.
Good Luck with the wait - I hate waiting and by week 8 - well, the Dealer hated me :devil:

Attachments

• CYM plate DSC_2368.jpg
    CYM plate DSC_2368.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
I have been looking at peoples delivery times throughout the site and im hearing around a 2 & 1/2 month wait. Does this seem right, want it for when the 63 plate comes out?

Also is the interscope worth the money? i do like my music quite loud when driving and don't mind paying extra.

As mentioned earlier thanks for all the help so far, LONG LIVE THE FIAT FORUM!!

I have been looking at peoples delivery times throughout the site and im hearing around a 2 & 1/2 month wait. Does this seem right, want it for when the 63 plate comes out?

Also is the interscope worth the money? i do like my music quite loud when driving and don't mind paying extra.

As mentioned earlier thanks for all the help so far, LONG LIVE THE FIAT FORUM!!

For £270 it's worth it if you are into your music but you do lose the underseat storage. Unsure if the speakers are of a higher quality. You would need to spend quite a lot to improve on the standard setup.

For £270 it's worth it if you are into your music but you do lose the underseat storage. Unsure if the speakers are of a higher quality. You would need to spend quite a lot to improve on the standard setup.

Speakers are better than standard and they are run through an external amp, I'm sure you could do better if you got the stuff seperately and fitted yourself but for me (I have it fitted to my 500C) its great. I can drown out the wind noise and still hear crystal clear music when the roofs down and I didn't have to strip the car down to get it fitted (y). Wish I had underseat storage but given the choice I'd go stereo every time ;).

Speakers are better than standard and they are run through an external amp, I'm sure you could do better if you got the stuff seperately and fitted yourself but for me (I have it fitted to my 500C) its great. I can drown out the wind noise and still hear crystal clear music when the roofs down and I didn't have to strip the car down to get it fitted (y). Wish I had underseat storage but given the choice I'd go stereo every time ;).

Alex tried upgrading his speakers (Click here) - got the impression it didn't make that much difference and remember another individual spending around £1000 for a more professional setup. The US supposedly have a better system by Bose but it too costs $1,000 +. IIRC it's difficult if not impossible to retrofit the interscope and you better of specifying it at the start if you think you might like it. Good to hear that the speakers are of better quality.

Back