Never let a mate help fix a car

Currently reading:
Never let a mate help fix a car

Today me and a (former) mate decided to change the timing belt on my mams car. Half way through the job i went into the house to make tea (the fourth cup of the job :)), and suddenly i heard the car starting, it ran badly then popped, i ran outside to find that my mate had legged it, and left me with a car that had chucked it loosely tensioned belt, and now the engine wont rotate :cry:. I think its the end for my mams renault, and she will have to use my panda :(

maybe next time make sure he`s able to do it... or take it to a garage

christopher watson said:
He used to be a mechanic for a local peugoet dealer, so i thought he would know about these sort of things.

used to be? i sure hope he isnt anymore... in that case u should drop kick him :)

jamie86 said:
What I don't get is that it took you long enough to have 4 cups of tea :confused:

Cup of tea when the guy arrives, cup of tea whilst reading the haynes manual, cup of tea whilst sorting out the tools, then a cup of tea once all the parts are off the car :)

So did you go and visit your so-called mate a visit, after he had pegged it?

And you are just prepared to let him wreck your mum's car? I know where I would be, and it wouldn't be on here :nutter:

Stuart DemonD said:
So did you go and visit your so-called mate a visit, after he had pegged it?

And you are just prepared to let him wreck your mum's car? I know where I would be, and it wouldn't be on here :nutter:

I only know the guy from where i used to work (DWP), and only have a mobile number for him (ringing out). I have got in touch with the Peugoet dealer that he used to work for and they cant help me. He is sometimes in our local pub so i will have to see if he is there.

christopher watson said:
I only know the guy from where i used to work (DWP), and only have a mobile number for him (ringing out). I have got in touch with the Peugoet dealer that he used to work for and they cant help me. He is sometimes in our local pub so i will have to see if he is there.
erm i thought he was a mate, sounds like someone you barely know :confused:

Back