NEVER BUY Fiat in EGYPT !

Currently reading:
NEVER BUY Fiat in EGYPT !

engmody

Cause simply PEOPLE @ FIAT Service center is some fu*kn idiots and don't know anything about car maintenance !!

I've (7 months old) Fiat Punto Classic Mo. 2009, I'd a problem with it about 45 days ago, and I went to the FIAT AUTHORIZED CAR SERVICE CENTER @ Alexandria, Egypt.

Then I sent FIAT an email , and here's content :
Dear Ma'am / Sir,

I'm so angry about your Service Center (Al-Tarek Al Nile) in Alexandria, Egypt.

I went today morning @ 10:15 AM, because of the following :
1. 10,000 km Maintenance & Oil Replacement.
2. Air bags lights switched on (Error with Air Bags System).
3. Abnormal Scratch sound when closing the front left window.
4. Small vibration when the car in standby mode and it increases when switching the air condition.
5. HARD SHOCKING sound on the front right.

They Received my car and I stayed there waiting for it till 2:35 PM !! 4.5 HOURS and here are the result :
1. We couldn't know the cause of airbags light, so you should come another day as we don't have a car computer here !!!! I told him how this come , this is a CERTIFIED FIAT SERVICE CENTER. he told me yes, but we haven't a computer here to know the error, so you should wait till next Wednesday OR Thursday "cause there's an engineer comes each week from Cairo with the computer" !!!

2. The abnormal sounds in the front left window is normal !!!! I told him you're kidding, then he told me , you should come another day cause we want to dis assembly the whole front left door to know the problem

3. The small vibration while car in stand by mode is NORMAL TOO !!

4. We'd fixed the hard shocking sound by lubricating some part and should be works fine now.

I received my car, and while I'm in my way to home, I found the HARD SHOCKING sound appears again !!!

So, after spending 4.5 hours there and loosing time, they ONLY CHANGED THE OIL !!! and I MUST loose another 2 days to fix the rest problems.

I'm sorry to tell you, I'll never recommend FIAT to any one again, I used to have a TOYOTA before. and there service center was MORE THAN GREAT !! and extremely nice.

Please, find me a solution cause it's only 6 months since I bought this NEW car !

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Mahmoud M. Abdel-Fattah
and after this mail, I got a call from Italy from a respectful one who asked me for OMATRA (Fiat Local Dealer) phone numbers !!! HOW COME ?? I don't know !!

I gave her 3 phone numbers for them, and they @ Italy, couldn't reach them at all !! FIAT CAN'T REACH THEIR LOCAL DEALER !! WTF !!

Then, she calls me everyday to tell me sorry, I can't reach'em !!
then I gave her another phone numbers for Al-TAREK NILE ( Another Fiat local SUB-DEALER) she called them and they replied with "Sorry we can't speak English" !!!!

Then Finally I could reach them through emails and they told me don't worry everything will be ok. just go 2moro to Al-Tarek Nile car service center. and our Representative will be there and help you and fix all problems.

and here's another terrible story, THEY COULDN'T IDENTIFY the problem for 3 times, each time I go, the tell me we knew the problem, and we don't have the spare part. so you should come another time !!

then after 3 times, they couldn't Identify the problem, and after I went crazy, I went to an ORDINARY MECHANIC SHOP !!

Who Identified the problem from first time, and it was a rolling bearing !!

another fu*kn thing, the MANAGER of Al-Tarek Nile center, didn't wanted to test the car with me !! he told me every thing is Ok now and you can go now, I told him Come with me to test it, he told me WHY ?!!! and then I told him cause you MUST DO, after he joined me, and tested the car, we found NOTHING HAD BEEN FIXED !!!

Finally, I'd a problem with internal plastic controller of the front left mirror, they (THANKFUL) brought me a new one, then THE FU*KN IDIOTS, who replaced it with the old one, didn't plug the TWITTER SPEAKER CABLE !!

and now I've one un-pluged speaker !!

so, u know now why not to buy FIAT in Egypt ??

BTW, each time I got I meet a lot of ppl who have a lot of problems !!

hey ma7moud...tayyeb b3aeedan 3an elservice center,,,elcar nafsaha eh zrofha,,,te3raf ans tania gaybenha 3ashan lao nafs el3yoob 7ateb2a moshkela:S:S:S,,,msh sodfa ao comments in forums,,,la2 ma3arfak wbeyeshteko menha wkeda walla eh...3ashan kont bafakkar ashtery wa7da bs tab3an motaradded wkalamak 5allany atradded aktar:),,,bs elfekra en elcars elly within range of 60 olayyelin awy:S:S:S 3ashan keda bas2alak,,,thnx

Last edited:
hey ma7moud...tayyeb b3aeedan 3an elservice center,,,elcar nafsaha eh zrofha,,,te3raf ans tania gaybenha,,,msh sodfa wkeda,,,la2 so7abak wbeyeshteko menha wkeda walla eh zrofha...3ashan kont bafakkar ashtery wa7da bs tab3an motaradded wkalamak 5allany atradded aktar:),,,bs elfekra en elcars elly within range of 70 olayyelin awy:S:S:S 3ashan keda bas2alak,,,thnx

English please,its an English speaking forum

i have fiat punto from 2 monthes , this car have alot of problems , i recomend you buy any car within 60 but not fiat , and anyone ask me about the car i recomend to not buy any fiat cars bec. the car is very weak , the car is made in spain not italy , service center lie about this car , the car in spain is manufactured in 2007 not in 2009 , and enter in egypt as manufactured in 2009.

i have fiat punto from 2 monthes , this car have alot of problems , i recomend you buy any car within 60 but not fiat , and anyone ask me about the car i recomend to not buy any fiat cars bec. the car is very weak , the car is made in spain not italy , service center lie about this car , the car in spain is manufactured in 2007 not in 2009 , and enter in egypt as manufactured in 2009.
man, please provide more details in papers & pics !! not only talkin !!

Fiat has no factories in Spain, so what you are telling is absolutely impossible. Maybe some components are made in Spain, but not the car itself.

you are hesitating me :D ....I was about to buy fiat Linea 1.4 t-jet,but now i don't know,Am hearing that the service center here in cairo is good and all the spare parts is available.....So people please anyone help me by giving me more info. about this car (fiat Linea the t-jet) as fast as you can....as am considering to buy a car in the next 4 days ......so help me plz !!!

Nothing i have heard in this thread is unusual. Every car manufacturer in every country will have similar problems. Type similar searches into Google for Opel, Toyota etc etc and you will find forums all say the same.
Unfortunately on Forums it is normally the bad experiences that get Documented.
If you like the car then get it, you will love Fiat.

You're right, there. We have some terrible dealerships in the UK that can't identify problems, and I'm not talking Fiat here, either (I've only ever been to one Fiat dealership)!

Hopefully we can help engmody here by giving him contact details for Fiat back in Europe who may be able to provide a bit of a hand or ship the parts to the dealer or mechanics - anyone???

hey ma7moud...tayyeb b3aeedan 3an elservice center,,,elcar nafsaha eh zrofha,,,te3raf ans tania gaybenha 3ashan lao nafs el3yoob 7ateb2a moshkela:S:S:S,,,msh sodfa ao comments in forums,,,la2 ma3arfak wbeyeshteko menha wkeda walla eh...3ashan kont bafakkar ashtery wa7da bs tab3an motaradded wkalamak 5allany atradded aktar:),,,bs elfekra en elcars elly within range of 60 olayyelin awy:S:S:S 3ashan keda bas2alak,,,thnx

I don't even think that's a language... just looks like a combination of letters and numbers to me!! :p

im loving the 'hey' and 'thnx' at the start and end!

im loving the 'hey' and 'thnx' at the start and end!
heyy.. what's in between these two words are purely Egyptian style writing :D:D we invented it.... talking Arabic in Western codes..hahaha(y)

you are hesitating me :D ....I was about to buy fiat Linea 1.4 t-jet,but now i don't know,Am hearing that the service center here in cairo is good and all the spare parts is available.....So people please anyone help me by giving me more info. about this car (fiat Linea the t-jet) as fast as you can....as am considering to buy a car in the next 4 days ......so help me plz !!!

Hey

I have a Fiat Linea T-jet

The Car is simply amazing, Very stable, very fast 0-100 and amazing ABS breaks

I achieved 205 Km/h for more than 30 minutes in Alamin Road and new Katameya roads

I drove 30 000 KM which led to going to Omatra in Cairo for 3 times, so far Omatra service is fine and nothing wrong with the Car

I advise anyone to get the Linea T-jet and do the Service in Omatra dealer shops

there are many service centres in cairo which one did you go to? because u are the first person i hear say good things about omatra :S

the fiat dealership in egypt (gesr el sewes) are so great,,they are helpfull and know how to fix a car..i got my punto evo a month ago but it had some factory problems,,a squeezing sound when pressing the brakes hard,and a chain-like sound because the sand protector under the car wasn't fixed in it's place..i went to them,,they fixed these problems,,but then another problem appeared in the second time driving after going to the dealership,,( a hard shocking sound) at the right rear wheel,,i went there again,,two engineers drived it with me to see what exactly the problem was,,after two hours it was fixed and the car is very good now..although of these factory problems,,i still love my car and recommend a punto evo for everyone,,it's a great car in all aspects..and wish u a better luck at having it free of these little problems! :D

I totally agree with you!!!!...i also have Fiat Grand Punto 2008...i have some similar problems in my car that ur having with yours...the viberating on standby mode, the breaks are very sensitive specially when the A/C is on, the Air bags failure sign appears every time i start the car, both back windows got busted and wont close so i had to go change the handles...and so on!!!...the Service center in Cairo is horrible and the Engineers there know nothing...they have no system!!! the managment is full of crap...i really do regret buying this car...but tell u something im just in love with it its like my baby lol!!

U mean airbag failure sign flashes for couple of seconds & then disapear ? if that's the case then its a normal thing, its just a checkup thing each time u start the car.
I had many problems with my car too, my mechanic was able to solve most of them NOT the fiat dealer OMATRA "allah y5reb bait-hom"!

So, I truly cannot decide whether to buy a golf 6 basic or a fiat bravo full option turbo, can someone tell me about the packs where bravo is offered in and their average prices in egypt? and please all, give me a feedback, whether you think I should go with the highest bravo category with the t-jet motor or the basic golf 6.. let me know fast :D

Back