need help urgently please

Currently reading:
need help urgently please

maloney

hi people, i have a problem n wundered if you could help me out.

my mk2 punto 1.2 petrol, keeps makin a very high pitched wining noise, it doesnt do it all the time but still quite offen.
when it happens, it goes on for about 20 seconds or so.:confused:

when ever i take it to the garage its just my luck it doesnt do it at that particular time.:bang:

if anyone could shed some light on this problem for me, i would be very greatfull.

thanks everyone, Maloney

hi people, i have a problem n wundered if you could help me out.

my mk2 punto 1.2 petrol, keeps makin a very high pitched wining noise, it doesnt do it all the time but still quite offen.
when it happens, it goes on for about 20 seconds or so.:confused:

when ever i take it to the garage its just my luck it doesnt do it at that particular time.:bang:

if anyone could shed some light on this problem for me, i would be very greatfull.

thanks everyone, Maloney

Timing Belt tensioner

Could it have something to do with the clutch? Worn out perhaps? Where does teh noise come from? Better stop the car and open the bonnet to locate the source of it.

thanks everyone ill look at all the things sujested, but i think the clutch sounds more likly because its more of a buzzing/whinning noise instead of a sort of screeching noise, but im no machanic, lol

thanks again people

If it's the clutch then the noise will be more evident on a cold start. It usually dies out when the system warms up.,

Back