Need Help identifying a Fiat

Currently reading:
Need Help identifying a Fiat

JohnnyO

I am a 240Z car guy. I was out buying a motor today and came across a barn full of cars and trucks. Tucked way in the back of the barn was a Fiat Convertible. The owners son thought it was a 72. I know it was older than that as I owned a 72 and this was nothing like it.

The first thing that I noticed were the badges on the front quarters and the badge on the glove box/dash. They both said "Torino". They were red and white or gold and I believe they had some other writing on them but I could not read it in the dark.

The second thing I noticed were the headlight buckets. They were vented below the headlight lamp, parallel to the ground.

The owner said that he bought it with a thrown timing chain and it has sat in the barn ever since.

I have searched for images all over the internet and cannot find any. It looked like a 1200 but not exactly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

I am a 240Z car guy. I was out buying a motor today and came across a barn full of cars and trucks. Tucked way in the back of the barn was a Fiat Convertible. The owners son thought it was a 72. I know it was older than that as I owned a 72 and this was nothing like it.

The first thing that I noticed were the badges on the front quarters and the badge on the glove box/dash. They both said "Torino". They were red and white or gold and I believe they had some other writing on them but I could not read it in the dark.

The second thing I noticed were the headlight buckets. They were vented below the headlight lamp, parallel to the ground.

The owner said that he bought it with a thrown timing chain and it has sat in the barn ever since.

I have searched for images all over the internet and cannot find any. It looked like a 1200 but not exactly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Pictures?

Back