Punto (Mk2/2b) My Red MK2B

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Red MK2B

RyanWhitehouse

Had this about a month, my first ones dead on next doors drive with a leaky engine and no steering (n)

Not much done to it, plan to do a few things in the future.

Few minor mods:

Badgeless Grill
De-Wipered
De-Badged on rear
Exhaust
HEKO wind deflectors
White bulbs for headlights and sidelights
Side strips removed
Colour coded mirrors and handles
6x9's in the parcel shelf

Will add some more pictures soon

WrLvTxe.jpg

Looks good! Clean lines. And I do like the mk 2b sport bumpers! It would be nice to be able to fit them with the mk 2 headlamps!

Looks sweet! Im tempted to get a badgeless grill are they easy too fit? also whats dewipering like ive looked into it but a bung for the hole is hard to find :mad:

thanks mate, grill is so easy, just pop bonnet, few screws behind, pop it out, new one in, 5 minute job, de-wiper is easy, search 32mm grommet on ebay, i got 10 for like 3 quid

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I dont see the point in removing the rear wiper
Its there to clear the rear screen because water sits

I'd rather see whats behind me and where im going when in reverse then just guessing....

Keep the wiper! - Hell even colour code it!

Ziggy

I only ever have needed my rear wiper in a terrible storm when on the motorway, just to get rid of the spray. Other than that i tend to keep my car very clean, broom yellow tends to look naff when dirty - my friends say it looks like a old banana when dirty :p

I only ever have needed my rear wiper in a terrible storm when on the motorway, just to get rid of the spray. Other than that i tend to keep my car very clean, broom yellow tends to look naff when dirty - my friends say it looks like a old banana when dirty :p

I know what you say - but it still doesn't stop the last nights dirty rain sitting on the screen!

Personally keep it, i like to see :)

Ziggy

Looks smart mate. Get some more pictures up if you can :) I've removed my wiper too and it just makes the rear of the car look a lot cleaner doesn't it :thumbup:

I'm the same I rather be able to see out of the back of me when driving and reversing.

Lastly, I rather choose practicality over looks any day.

Visibility out of the back is perfectly fine benny279 (for me anyway) Since having mine done I've never once regretted removing it or been in a situation where it was really needed. I guess its just down to his opinion in the end anyway :)

Visibility out of the back is perfectly fine benny279 (for me anyway) Since having mine done I've never once regretted removing it or been in a situation where it was really needed. I guess its just down to his opinion in the end anyway :)

People have told me to takw wiper off but always said no but I like it there, I couldn't picture my car without it...

I'm not putting a downer on his choice of mod just saying I'm not a fan of de-wiper mod. At the end of the day if you and OP and everyone who has done it likes it, then thats all that matter.

Benny

I dont see the point in removing the rear wiper
Its there to clear the rear screen because water sits

I'd rather see whats behind me and where im going when in reverse then just guessing....

Keep the wiper! - Hell even colour code it!

Ziggy

I suppose it's personal preference, my rear wiper wasn't the best anyway so kinda used to being blurry out the back window haha

Back